hole in frog?..(not thrush)

take it easy

Visit site
checked my lads feet today as i wasin a mega rush yesterday so did jobs brought him in an went.
I do his feet everyday but i dont forone day an today discover a hole in each front frog.There are no thrushy signs, they are done everyday
It looks like something has been forced through them, he isnt sore as i was messing about prodding and cleaning them out
x

Theresa_F

Visit site
Is the hole at the side of the frog and is it where the frog has come away a bit? My heavies frequently get this at this time of year as I find as they start to change coats they also "shed" their frogs.

I tend to leave them to naturally come away or if they are nearly off, will give them a tug to finish the job.

On mine it is not thrush or a problem, just the way they are as they have very fleshy frogs which are not trimmed as they don't wear shoes.

At this time of year I do give their feet a squirt of stockholm tar spray or salt water with eculyptus oil in it to keep them healthy.

If you are worried ask your farrier to take a look.

take it easy

Visit site
its literally on the frog, you see it as soon as you pick the hoof up.
It could just be him shredding it then, ive not had him 12 months yet so everything that happens i worry lol x