holiday livery

allijudd

Visit site
me being mosy have been checking out some adverts that people have done for holiday livery and just found someone in devon charging £100 per week for grass livery...for facilities of dartmoor hacking, next door to a cross country course, stabling available but charged at £25 per night, individual paddocks....
shocked.gif

is this right?

i have just charged someone £20 per week for grass with full use of all our facilities and stabling extra if they need it at £5 per week.....
crazy.gif

did i charge enough?

allijudd

Visit site
somebody who wants to livery for a short amount of time....

we can do this easily becasue we have put in lots more grazing and can keep horses seperate in large feilds!

allijudd

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
well, the YO is obviously looking after the horse for the owner. 100 quid a week seems excessive though...

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think they are........

i thought £100 was just a tad excessive aswell....but being niave just wondered if it was the going rate......
tongue.gif

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
£100 per week for grass livery plus £25 per night for a stable, if that is correct it's robbery. For £100 or thereabouts the stable should be included. That would be about right around my area. Grass livery without a stable normally is incredibly cheap...the horse is just turned out in a field for Gods sake. Even Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask when he robbed someone.

allijudd

Visit site
i know but i wasnt sure if it was right or not....

it does seem a bit excessive to me.....

i wonder how business is for them....

fgroom

Visit site
When my 3 went on holiday livery it was less than that for a week (far all three) which also included the yard picking them up and bringing them back, they had their own field which was about 10 acres.