Holiday recommendations with dogs

Cyrus

Visit site
Sheringham in Norfolk there are two lovely cottages a literal roll out the door distance from the beach and the place has an amazing pub chip shop and ice cream parlor shall see if I can find the websites for you

L&M

Visit site
Have a look at 'Bakers Mill Farm' holiday cottages in Dorset. We go every year and dogs are welcome.

Lots of walks straight from the cottage around the farm, and many nearby beaches.

millimoo

Visit site
We rented a gorgeous house just under a mile north of Bamburgh, Northumberland.
The house was part of a converted barn, and whilst there was a neighbour you'd never know.
It is situated in the middle of a field overlookin Budle Bay, with a footpath straight onto the beach. You can then walk on the beach or through the Dunes to Bamburgh.
There is a small rear patio with the biggest hot tub I've ever seen, over looking Budle Bay and Holy Island.
We were there a few weeks ago, and it was just stunning, warm and well equipped.
The cottage is called Budle Newton Cottage, sleeps 8 and is with Grace Darling cottages, who have a number of dog friendly properties.

millimoo

Visit site
As a side, there were some other stone built rentals virtually on the beach behind a sand dune. Not sure of the name of them, but they looked lovely. Google Budle Bay... It's stunning

TheFarmersWife

Visit site
We had a dog holiday at a lovely cottage in Brancaster in Norfolk. Cobble Cottage. Ideal. Had a little enclosed courtyard. Several pub/restaurants in walking distance and and of the most stunning expanses of beach I've ever seen. Perfect for a doggy holiday. You're also a short distance to Sandringham with its wonderful woods or Sheringham country park.

TarrSteps

Visit site
Beach vacations for dogs are becoming one of my core competencies! :)

We've also rented near Budle Bay, although not nearly as nice a place as mm's by the sound of it. Lovely area though and great to be able to walk straight out on to the beach.

Out of season we have been to Cornwall twice, which was also very nice. Both times we rented through an agency and were happy with the accommodation - I'll dig up the name if you'd like?

Last year we went to Devon, near Whitesands. Gorgeous beach and super for dogs, plus interesting area. I also found a pet store with very good prices on my dogs' food so I was extra happy.

Hands down though, our favourite repeat destination is Pembrokeshire, near Newgale. Stan has been every year of his life at least once, usually in the summer because some of the beaches are still at least partially open to dogs, which is not the case in many places in the South, but we've also been out of season. Admittedly there's not a lot of "stuff" to do but it suits us to walk on the beach and have a quiet time. I don't understand why more people don't go - weather, I guess - but lovely for dogs. We've always gone through Quality Cottages an while I know there are mixed feelings about them locally, we've always had excellent service and the cottages have been just as described.

Where are you and what's your travel limit?

fizzer

Visit site
Thankyou everyone will have a good look through. Am Midlands based so anywhere within
2-3 hours . Norfolks beach is fab so might go that way.