Holsteiner studbook q

ElleJS

Visit site
Also posted in breeding!
Does anyone know how you can issue a name with the holstein verband stud book? I have looked on their website and can't find any kind of horse registration info.

I have a 3yo holstein bred mare just come over but she has not been issued a name. She got everything else ie brand & no. fully passported with holsteiner verband but no name! The name section is left blank.

She will be doing age classes next year so need to get her a name on her passport and Im not sure how to go about it. Will the passport need to go back to Germany or can a name be issued here? And if so who with?

Many thanks for your help!

MadisonBelle

Visit site
My mare's passport was also blank in the name section. However when I finally got a decent name beginning with W as the year of her birth was the W year I sent it off to Germany only for them to reply that she already had a registered name!! Its still not been entered in tho so on advice I wrote it in!! Not much help but maybe try emailing them first as my mare came over as a 3 yr old too but had a registered name.

popsdosh

Visit site
My mare's passport was also blank in the name section. However when I finally got a decent name beginning with W as the year of her birth was the W year I sent it off to Germany only for them to reply that she already had a registered name!! Its still not been entered in tho so on advice I wrote it in!! Not much help but maybe try emailing them first as my mare came over as a 3 yr old too but had a registered name.
That is illegal to enter a name yourself it can only be put in by the POI

Daisy1905

Visit site
You can usually just send the passport back to the Holsteiner Verband and pay a fee to get the name added. Or if you want to compete BD you might be able to pick a name - that's what they told me when I rang as my horse has not got a name on her passport yet either. :)

MadisonBelle

Visit site
That is illegal to enter a name yourself it can only be put in by the POI

POI?

There is a "sticker" in the passport with grading details which had her name on but I didn't realise as it was all in german..... I also kept the note from "Verband der Zuchter des Holsteiner Pferdes e.V" stating that I couldn't have my chosen name as she was already registered as "XXX".

I had done the RIGHT thing by sending it to Germany to have the owners details changed AND a name added........ however despite her having a name registered to this passport it still was not added.......

I then spoke to a few bodies here who confirmed by checking her identification number in her passport that she was in fact registered as "XXX" as my fear was how would BE/BD/BS know it was the right horse I had entered comps with. It was these bodies who advised me to write the name in so that the passport now matches her Id no.

TarrSteps

Visit site
But her name was in her passport, you just didn't recognise it as such. I think popdosh is saying you can't write in a name of your choice, even if it's her correct name.

MadisonBelle

Visit site
Yes I know but the main name bit, where BE etc will look was still blank.......Obviously I wouldn't have just randomly entered a made up name and did explain all this, with photocopies also sent to highlight my problem when I questioned it with bodies over here hence them telling me it was okay to write in :)

I just thought I was being helpful to the OP as both our mares are Holsteiners and were both imported at 3 so thought maybe her's is also registered but just hasn't had the name filled in which is why I suggested perhaps emailing them first.

popsdosh

Visit site
All the bodies here can recognise a horse by its UELN and this will check out against her name . All I was saying it would be illegal to add the name in the space provided but acceptable to add it in the section were other society stamps go by way of a sticker