holy sh*t

racingdemon

www.facebook.com
Sweetie has just died on the operating table (having a bridge removed from her front leg) am absolutly gutted! gobsmacked! what a [****] year, thats 2 foals we've lost this year!

am getting really good at loosing horses!

TGM

Visit site
So sorry to hear this - what a tragedy
frown.gif
. What terrible bad luck for you.

BBs

Visit site
Oh [****] oh [****] oh fcuk, Anna, I am totally shocked!!!

Jeez hunny, I dont know what to say, I am truely gutted to hear this *sob* hugs hunny.

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
What devastating news, I'm so sorry, what was it a weird reaction to the anaesthetic?
We had a year like that last year and nearly gave up breeding, you start to question whether it's worth the heartbreak. This year's foals are all really nice so perhaps we'll carry on..
I know what you mean re getting used to it, it sounds flippant and it isn't, what you mean I think is you sort of feel resigned in the end.. and sad.
edited to add Just been and looked at Sweetie's foal pic, what a shame, she really was a sweet foal..

racingdemon

www.facebook.com
thanks, we're awaiting post mortem results to find out wha the cause was, so no idea at the moment, but am suspecting that,

ATM, i'm wondering why we do it, i think it all comes down to the more you have the bigger the risk, and i no longer view any of them as 'mine' as such,

that mare won't have another foal anyway (isn't in foal atm) so now have to rethink a career for her, she'd taken so well to being a mum, but if the original bent leg was anything to do with her genes it may happen again, and its a big enough gamble anyway, such as life, and as they say, fools breed for wisemen!

Puppy

Visit site
Sh!t!! What absolutely terrible, tragic news. I'm so sorry to hear that. At least she knew nothing about it.
frown.gif

GTs

Visit site
Very sorry to hear that -

If I took a healthy horse in for an elective operation, and it died on the table I would have an awful lot of questions for them to answer, and would get the post-mortem performed by the county (certainly not the hospital).

I would also ask HappyHorse about the role of house vets in the UK - they will be quite new to the job at this time of year, and if it is anything like it is out here anesthesia is one of their functions. Now anestesia is certainly not complicated, and they have a very experienced surgeon there, but it would be something I would be asking questions about.

Yes unfortunately there are risks and things do happen no fault of anyones but I would have to be convinced, and not just presume.