home boarders?

fishy

Visit site
Hi can anybody recommend a home boarder based in the northwest? I am going away in July and am desperately looking for someone to have my 2 gsp's. I don't think they would cope in kennels and they are active dogs. X

_GG_

Visit site
Have you thought about having someone stay at yours with your dogs? We did it a few years ago, cost the same as kennels but the dogs got to keep their routine and the lady was lovely. May be worth considering.

fishy

Visit site
I'd love someone to come and stay at mine, but am struggling to find anyone. I'd prefer a recommendation, having looked at a few sites its a bit daunting. Also I'd like someone to come and take the dogs out a couple of times before I went away.

_GG_

Visit site
I'd love someone to come and stay at mine, but am struggling to find anyone. I'd prefer a recommendation, having looked at a few sites its a bit daunting. Also I'd like someone to come and take the dogs out a couple of times before I went away.

I don't know the area, but google and social media can be your friends in getting recommendations. When I did it, the lady came around 4 times in advance at £10 a time which was brilliant for us as two of our dogs needed a bit more time with her. I used a company that was registered, I checked on the companies house free check service. The unsavouries of the world won't go to the trouble of registering and submitting annual accounts. I made sure they CRB checked all staff and I asked for references...they gave me the numbers of three other clients that I called and spoke to. Just trust your gut instinct.

Another good thing is that I have friend that boards dogs in the south west and she gets a lot of her property chewed, widdled/marked on etc. It's not the dogs fault, they are just anxious at the change and that's how they release the anxiety....but keeping them in your house means you don't have the worry of them damaging/messing on someone else's property.