Homemade Fly spary (Sorry)

kayleighjessop

Visit site
Hello guys,

Another Home made fly spray post-
smirk.gif

But I had such a good recipe given to me a little while ago and lost it, I have seen others but the measurements are not as good they stat splashes of this and that, can someone please give me a recipe with proper measurements that will work to get rid of the pestie flies.............

The on I made last time was brilliant.

Hope you can help
grin.gif

JC

SSM

Visit site
Off the top of my head it's

1 litre of cold tea (or water if horse is grey!)
5 caps of dettol
1 tsp Citronella
1 tsp Cedarwood Oil
1 tsp Tea Tree Oil
1 tsp Lavender Oil
1 tsp Pine Oil
250 Avon Skin So Soft oil

Mix up and shake well when spraying - works a treat!

Theresa_F

Visit site
This is the one I use and several people on the forum have tried and found to work well.

Good website for ordering oils is:

http://www.essential oils direct

5 caps of dettol - from a 500ml size bottle

250 ml of Avon Skin so Soft and fresh - the 500 ml bath oil. This can be halved if midges not bad. At the moment I am using one third of a bottle at it is working really well.

1 teaspoon of citronella oil
1 teaspoon of eucalyptus oil
1 teaspoon of lavender oil
1 teaspoon of tea tree oil
1 teaspoon cedarwood oil

Put into a 1 litre spray bottle. Top up to make 1 litre with either water or cold tea. Shake well before spraying and give a quick shake after every few squirts to make sure the oil is mixed with the water.

Spray on twice a day using enough to leave a fine mist on the coat. Ok for round sensitive areas.

I have used this on people as well as horses, but please do a patch test first in case your horse reacts to any of the above ingredients.

Cost works out about £3.00 a litre - not as cheap as some receipes but this does work well and smells nice.

charlottenicol

www.allt-na-craig.co.uk
Have used this for the last few weeks, everyone has noticed how my horse has seriously less flies on him than theirs, so now wanting to us it and have written it down for them to make thier own, good for humans too!!!
laugh.gif