Homeopathic treatments for horse with respiratory disorder?

kayleigh_and_rocky

www.kayleigh-nicholls.piczo.com
Firstly apologise for amount of posts but i'm trying desperately to get on top of this and get some action.

Following on from my other post, I was also wondering if anyone knew of any homeopathic remedies worth trying for a horse with allergic airways (severe). Herbal supplements do not work. Desensitising is not an option as horse is highly distressed by needles so injecting him every day would just not be an option he would end up so upset and dangerous.

So any other options that I have overlooked? I'm not up to gear with all this homeopathic stuff.

ThomasTank

Visit site
There are treatments for your horse but really you need to get a homeopath out to see him.
I will try and help you if I can, but out of thousands of remedies to choose from, it is difficult to get it right over the internet !!!! ( also I am not a homeopath !).

ThomasTank

Visit site
the very fact that he is worse in hot weather and not in cold is a symptom in itself.
A homeopath will take your horses whole self into consideration when prescribing. Try and find one who deals in animals though.
I will try and find my book and see if there is anything in there for you
grin.gif

herbert

Visit site
Have a mare with severe dust allergy. Fed her copious amounts of garlic powder and now I no longer even need to soak her hay. She never coughs, sneezes or wheezes. Took about 3 months to work.

franki

Visit site
My horse has a similar disorder and his regime is working for him.

He gets soaked hay, soaked for at least 24 hours, 30ml daily of a product called Breeze Up from Thoroughbred Remedies in Ireland, they also do a product called Equivent Syrup which I can't buy anymore in Ireland but it was really good. Before I go cross country I give him 15ml of Airways syrup to coat his airways and stop any irritation. He also has a repiratory lick from Likit, which he dives into from time to time. His stable has floor bedding only, no banks or sides - this really affected him. If the allergy is really bad and his glands swell I give him 2x bute for 2 days, 1x bute for 2 days. But with new regime haven't had to do this for months (touch wood).

Good luck