Honest opinions required!!

lcharles

Visit site
Started to make wine racks and other bits and bobs from shoes, but before I go crazy with the idea, can I have some honest opinions please of what you think of these and how much would someone be happy to pay for them? They could obviously be made from someones own horse's shoes to be more personalised. Also what sort of colours should I go for?

ThoroughbredStar

Visit site
Nice! I really like them, especially the first few! Not keen on the silver (personal pref), like the black. What about copper or gold?

Not sure on price really. As its me I probably wouldn't want to spend more than £20/£25 but that's me :)

Elvis

Visit site
Agree with amymay. They are lovely. I'd pay £20-£30 but then money is tight, others might be willing to pay more.

Horlicks

Visit site
Think they are gorgeous - but prefer the black to the silver. Are they made from old shoes and could you make one up from shoes given to you (just thinking out loud as my old boy is PTS shortly)??

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
They're great. My preference is for the first one as we get through a lot of bottles in our house. A welly boot jack made from horse shoes would be good too.

RubysGold

Visit site
I really like them

I much prefer the one with the sideways shoes (think it was picture 5) because its so different, but they all look great!

lcharles

Visit site
I wwasn't keen on the silver either to be honest, won't do another!! Just trying out different colours at the moment. In theory they could be any colour, any style etc. pink, blue, gold but wanted to make some up ready, treat them and then spray them as and when they are sold. I was thinking of £25 for the 3 bottle wine rack and about £45 for the 5 bottle wine rack, does that sound fair? I can do 4's, 6's 9's etc as well....well any number really but just been startin off with a few like this.

What are your thoughts on the one with shoes sidewards?

They are made from used shoes which are cleaned, disinfected, welded, treated and then painted a preferred colour.

What are thoughts on cream or white?

Appreciate the feedback!

Sorry to hear about your boy Horlicks, of course they could be used x

YasandCrystal

Visit site
I like them. My OH is a farrier and one of his client's collected her horses shoes over a long period and then had them made into menu holders for the tables at her wedding. That was a nice touch and another idea for you.

Hippona

Visit site
Pricing seems fair to me...

I think the coloured ones would be less popular...not that they wouldnt be nice but its personal choice, possibly if bought as a gift people would buy the black ones? Just a thought.....maybe have an example and just spray them up when ordered so you don't waste stock?

Cream/white....yeah...theres an option for a horsey-themed wedding :)

HBrae2

Visit site
I like them, agree black is probably nicest. Combines my 2 favourite things - ponies and wine! Price seems fair too.
Can you possibly get more uniform "U" shoes as some of them look a little wonky (obviously horses have shoes to fit but it would aesthetically be better if they were a uniform semi circle?) Just my opinion though.

lcharles

Visit site
I like them, agree black is probably nicest. Combines my 2 favourite things - ponies and wine! Price seems fair too.
Can you possibly get more uniform "U" shoes as some of them look a little wonky (obviously horses have shoes to fit but it would aesthetically be better if they were a uniform semi circle?) Just my opinion though.

It would be ideal if all horses had the perfect wine rack shaped feet but unfortunately they dont, I agree with them looking better if that was the case. I always have to match up the same size and shape shoes for them to work and be in-line with each other, can't just use any shoes together. I think the 'not perfect wine rack shaped shoe' adds to the unique character of them though as well as long as the whole wine rack is made of the same shape/style shoe x Thank you

HBrae2

Visit site
It would be ideal if all horses had the perfect wine rack shaped feet but unfortunately they dont, I agree with them looking better if that was the case. I always have to match up the same size and shape shoes for them to work and be in-line with each other, can't just use any shoes together. I think the 'not perfect wine rack shaped shoe' adds to the unique character of them though as well as long as the whole wine rack is made of the same shape/style shoe x Thank you

HA HA, I CAN'T QUITE IMAGINE YOUR FARRIER'S FACE IF YOU REQUESTED ALL HORSES WERE SHOD WITH HORSE SHOES TO FIT AROUND A WINE BOTTLE :) Apologies for capitals, wasn't shouting, Caps Lock on!

nix123

Visit site
I think there fab, and i like the silver one's too. I wouldn't want to pay anymore than £20 for the 3 bottled wine rack though.

budley95

Visit site
I think they're lovely! The price seems really reasonable as there's somebody that does something similar but charged £40 plus postage for one's that hold 3. I think you HAD to provide shoes as well!

Adopter

Visit site
I like the silver for me it would go with the steel look in my kitchen! I like the black as well.

I think some primary colours that would be colourful, blue, red, sage green etc to match kitchen colours would look good.

Like the idea of sending personal horse shoes, it would be a permanent reminder.

TandD

Visit site
Started to make wine racks and other bits and bobs from shoes

i read this thinking 'how do you make a wine rack from human shoes???? :S do you like put the bottle in the foot part???'

but they do look great! personally id like them left 'natural' with no colouring just the shoes colour! i think id even have them with the mud still intacted!!!! very authentic and different... (however guests may differ ;))

Nudibranch

Visit site
I think they're really good and price is fine. How about a gunmetal grey? Not as stark as black but looks more "solid" than silver? Kind of shoes colour anyway I suppose though!
Cream/white would be good for some kitchens and you could always offer a bespoke colour service for a few quid more.

moana

Visit site
Two of my local farriers make these and quite a few other products, and they are popular, especially if you can attend Craft Fairs.. Personally I love the next to last one, even in silver! I think the silver ones look 'lighter' for smaller rooms.