Hoof advice

Bucketlist

Visit site
Hi, Could anyone possibly offer me any advice on the hooves on our pony? Yesterday I noticed one white band/ring around the coronet on one hoof and today it seems to have come up on the other hooves too. Could anyone tell me if this is normal growth or anything to worry about. I will ask at the yard tomorrow but will probably worry until then. He had a short ride earlier and didn't seem to be sore or in pain. However, this is my child's first pony so haven't come across this before. It looked slightly flakey around the white rings but nothing too bad. I have a photo of the hooves but can't find a way to upload it, however I can post this if someone could tell me how to do it.

Any advice or opinion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

laura_nash

towercottage.weebly.com
Perfectly normal, its the equivalent of the horses cuticle (called the periopolese). Its always there, you're just seeing it because the hooves are clean (so you can see it) and wet (it absorbs water so is more visible when the hooves are wet).

To upload a photo for confirmation, upload to photobucket and then copy in the link that starts with
showthread.php