Hoof boot advice for tiny hoofs, new ones dont fit

maree t

Visit site
I measured and ordered some Cavallo sport hoofboots for my daughters pony . They came today and tried them on and they are huge. he has very small feet so although the bottom is the right size they are very loose round the actual hoof . Does aybody know of any types that are smaller. I bought the smallest size they do on these . He has pulled a shoe off and damaged the wall so we are trying to encourage better growth and boots rather than shoes when necessary . Any advice

NZJenny

Visit site
Don't laugh, but I know someone who had a similiar problem and solved it by using a really thick pair of socks.

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
I had the same problem so I use the easy boot gaiters with them but I have now been using the cavello treks. They are only just out and fit so much better round the top, are more flexi material and light wright so don't rub.

maree t

Visit site
Thanks for your answers. There is just not enough flexibility in the straps to fasten the boot . The hoof size on the sole is right but he has very compact little hoofs that they are so baggy round the top I dont think socks are going to do the trick . I will have a look at the Easyboots because they do a smaller size might be worth a go . Not sure about some glue on shoes for now . She has got a competition at the county show in two weeks . Nightmare

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
Thanks for your answers. There is just not enough flexibility in the straps to fasten the boot . The hoof size on the sole is right but he has very compact little hoofs that they are so baggy round the top I dont think socks are going to do the trick . I will have a look at the Easyboots because they do a smaller size might be worth a go . Not sure about some glue on shoes for now . She has got a competition at the county show in two weeks . Nightmare

These are the treks.

http://www.thesaddleryshop.co.uk/P/NEW_Cavallo_Trek_Hoof_Boot_(Regular_and_Slim_)-(4246).aspx

I have tried the easy boots but they come off easily if your horse over reaches so have to wear over reach boots.

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
Slightly confused have you found the treks to be lighter and less clumpy then the simples? I am thinking of getting some later in the year.

yes very much so, horse doesn't feel like he is clumpy in them and you cant hear him in them if that makes sense. they are also a lot easier to get on and off and he doesn't sweat as much in them compared to the sport and simples.