Hoof boot for Belgian draft

jojo5

Visit site
Hi. My Belgian draft cross has thrown a front shoe and my farrier is away ….😱. Hopefully he can come beginning or middle of next week but am having an issue trying to track down a temp boot that would fit my boy meanwhile to stop any foot flaking. Absolutely happy to have a used one, especially given the eye-watering price of xxl single boots, but have looked at the various sites and cannot spot one. I need something like the Cavallo Big Foot Boot. He needs 180mm at the widest width and almost the same in length. It is just to get him out to the field on a somewhat gravelly track and then come off until he comes in - he could stay out 24/7 but he is a creature of habit and may well be stressed (history of one catastrophic colic episode) by not coming in for breakfast when everyone else is. Can anyone point me to a site where I could get hold of something that isn’t £160 for one boot for a couple days - though if I have to, I guess I will. Just need it in sort of Prime delivery time! Thanks.

jojo5

Visit site
Not a bad idea, SEL, thank you, but due to work and when the horses are turned out, it would need to be people at the livery yard who have to fiddle with the nappy each day.