Hoof Boots for a Shetland

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I am paranoid about making sure the Shetland is trim and fit and as such she does ride and lead when the eventers get hacked. I also do circuits in the field on the back of the quad bike, lunge her and jump her, there is no slobbing out for her. Yet its the roadwork which is wearing down her feet with the miles she covers and yesterday she was trying to trot on grass verges so is a sign that I either put shoes on or I buy hoof boots. So I am going to start with hoof boots.

Except I have NEVER gone down this path before. Which pair do you go for? They need to be tough and be comfortable for several miles of road work. I was thinking just a front pair to begin with?

LEC

www.youtube.com
Mine has equine fusion jogging shoes, a friend has cavallo boots for her dartmoor hill pony. The dartmoor walks miles in hers buy the fly off in trot, my shetland walks on roads in hers fine and trots and canters in field with them on too :)

As the Shetland doesn't get to walk being led by a mix of giant horses - flying off wouldn't be good! She has mastered an excellent jog pace to keep up. Then when I trot her trot is pretty fast!!

She is excellent for traffic as nobody cares about killing the giant horse but they care about the little tiny one so cars are much more polite.

paddy555

Visit site
It's not so much what pair you go for more a case of which makes do a boot small enough for a shetland.
First job is to measure her feet. Once you have done that then we can see which would be the best choice

LEC

www.youtube.com

millikins

Visit site
Mine used to drive in Equine Fusions, fronts only. She would have had them all round but couldn't get a good fit on hinds. I follow a Scottish driver on FB, he has a team of Shetlands who cover miles and miles in EF's. Think his wear pop socks inside to reduce risk of rubbing.

Reactions: LEC