Hoof boots for hinds?

QueenDee_

Visit site
Hoping someone can recommend which hoof boots to look at. Looking for a pair for a Thoroughbred's hinds, typical TB feet but not too bad, shoes removed about 8 weeks ago, fronts still on. To be worn for hacking including fast work, so i'm after boots that are stable on the hoof and will stand up to a gallop. Horse is sound and comfortable without boots for the occasional hack (majority of work currently done in school), but a fair amount of roadwork round me so looking for a pair to put on when hacking/road work increases.

Obviously I will measure the feet, but looking for general brand recommendations in the meantime!

sunleychops

Visit site

Beausmate

Visit site
I use Cavallos all round on my little thoroughbred. Never had one come off at any speed, on any going. I tried the Fusions on his hinds and found that they were slippery on the road and they rubbed. He is prone to rubs, but I've not had any issues with the Cavallos; even when he lived in them for a fortnight.

Street_Skill

Visit site
Following with interest! Am in the same boat-fronts still on and backs have been off for six weeks. He has been doing roadwork 2-3 times a week which he has been fine with but farrier came on Tuesday and he is now sore on the hard lumpy ground (typical British weather!) and over stones so think I am going to have to get him some boots to help him out!

fatponee

Visit site
I rate Easyboot Gloves and they will definitely withstand lots of road use.

I've been using Equine Fusion for the last year - like them a lot but my TB wears through the sole pretty quickly.