hoof boots

treacle_beastie

Visit site
Hi, I'm thinking about getting some hoof boots but dont really want to splash out on a new pair as not sure how long will need them for.

I love the look and design of the easyboot glove but my horse is borderline on the biggest size so I assume if they did fit her now after a trim then they wont fit her once she has grown some hoof - her shoes only came off last week so assume her feet will grow bigger anyway?

Does anyone have any 2nd hand old macs g2's size 8 or boas in size 3 they want to get rid of? PM me with details if you have.

Also has anyone ever used the cavallo hoof boots before? Looking for recommendations for these.

Thanks

noblesteed

Visit site
Have you asked your farrier? As mine is pricing up a pair of Boa boots for me and can get them for me at cost price.
You need to carefully measure your horses feet as all hoof boots are different shapes, and so you may find certain brands or styles don;t fit your horse. I wanted Easyboot gloves but my horses' hoof shape requires Boa or Old Macs. Ebay sometimes have ones that have been returned (nearly new) as some shops allow you to try before you buy for a deposit.

Lynds

Visit site
I got cavallos for my horse (TB very round hooves) and have been so pleased with them. I even left 1 on for 24/7 for a week when horse had an abcess and I wanted to leave her out with poultice on. Despite it being a back foot, and the cavallo was fitted for her front there was no rubbing or slipping AND the boot is unscathed too.

I put mine in the washing machine every now and then, (not sure thats recommended to be fair) but they come out lovely!

treacle_beastie

Visit site
Thanks Lynds, I like the look of the cavallos but wasnt sure if they were as tried and tested as the other hoof boots on the market. I want something thats easy to put on and doesnt really have any mechanisms to break or get caught by her hind feet and these match my requirements.

pines of rome

Visit site
I have the cavello simple boots, my horse,s feet are a little longer than wide but the fit well, iwas told the sports were not really for road work.
Cavellos are a dream to put on so easy,previously had old macs G2s and they had fiddly buckles.

JTImage

Visit site
If your looking for a boot that is easy to put on and doesnt have any mechanisms to break or get caught then I would definitely suggest the Cavallo boots! I have tried most of the boots on the market and these have been by far the simplest boots to use, they stay on and hold up through anything! You just have to determine your horse's measurements to find out which of their 2 types of boots your horse will fit in. The Simple boot will fit a round hoof and the Sport boot will fit a narrower hoof.

cm2581

Visit site
From experrience, I'd say your horse will be a 3 or possibly a 2.5 in the glove. The size chart is a load of bo***cks!! Buy the fit kit to get the size then it can be returned and keep an eye out for the correct size on ebay. My mare is the same size as you and fits a 2.5!!!