Hoof Boots

dianchi

Visit site
Probably done to death a while back but suggestions/recommendation for feet types?

Ive got a TB mare, and as ive moved yards to a place with a lot more hacking and we are wearing her feet down more would just like to look at some options!

She is sound and happy its just the wearing down that worries me!

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
My boy has round feet and we have renegades in a double wide that seem to fit pretty well. I bought a pair of cavallos at the start and they were too big and he high stepped like a hackney in them, which was interesting but not that helpful!

Brightbay

Visit site
I found the Easyboot Gloves the most low profile and least obvious boots, but you do need to have a horse with the right shaped feet :)

It is a very good idea to have a pair of boots on hand if needed, although I find the more I ride on surfaces, the less we seem to need them. Best guide is the horse rather than the physical length of the hooves - if the horse is happy, keep riding without. If the horse gets more tentative, try using the boots every other ride until they seem happy again. The HoofBootique is a good place to go for advice and they stock lots of different kinds of boots.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I think Frank's are round?! We have easyboot gloves but they do need to fit well. I've had them since he went bare and they don't get used much anymore and we have the extra straps on the front now too. My trimmer had a fit kit which helped on size :).

dianchi

Visit site
She has been ok, but after mapping one ride at the weekend and it hitting 20miles she was a tad sore the next day :(

So would rather not push it when perhaps boots are an option!

Ok will have a look at boutique and get some measurements

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Have a look at her feet and measure them as a starting point. Then look at what you want to get. Then look on eBay and preloved for a second hand pair. Personally I would only have easyboots or renegades. The latter being the easiest to put on. Neither are clumpy.

mightymammoth

Visit site
I also like easyboot gloves, unfortunately it's just trial and error which can be pricey but have a look on preloved, ebay and there are a couple of facebook groups and phoenix barefoot forum where second hand boots are sold.

BBP

Visit site
I have renegades for my ponys little round feet, really like them, think I've had them 5 years now and still going strong (although I don't use them all the time)