Hoof treatments which work

Madam_max

Visit site
For the first time in 7 years Corroy's feet have gone to pot!!! She has lost a massive bit of hoof and I can't turn her out until Thursday, when the Farrier comes.
frown.gif

Also her feet are growing so flippin fast it's unreal. Anyone else having loads of problems or can anyone recommend any decent hoof treatments?

eventrider23

Visit site
Have spoken to several farriers recently and all are saying to put Keratex Hoof hardener on. Says that it is working better than any grease supplements as they are not having as good effects in this heat.

Parkranger

Visit site
Cornucresince makes feet grow quicker so probably not what you're after!

If the feet are crumbling then I'd say a hoof hardener.

Still think that Biotin is the best supplement for bad feet......

maddielove

Visit site
maddie's feet we're diabolical when i got her..no shoes&overgrown. i recently started feeding biotin..which makes a bit of a differance so i'd suggest that
smile.gif

eekmon

Visit site
My horse is just the same at the mo!! Talking to the farrier he said the dry weather is playing havoc with feet! ( Especially crap TB type feet) I am still doing the same feet routine as I always do but I am suffering the same as you! Think we just have to hang in there 'till the weather breaks!
crazy.gif

flyingfeet

Visit site
Water boots - unless you have a stream or a lake

Yes hooves crack because they got too wet, but easy solution is to keep them moisturised with water and apply mineral oil in the winter to stop absorption.