Hopalong and FigJam's day of firsts!

JenniferB

Visit site
naughty.gif
Don't you start- Quadro has already tried offering not only bling browbands but jods with PINK bling on them?!
faint2.gif
lol.gif

Think cash would be better spent on either more training or saved towards jumping fun next year! ;)

Now come on, you've seen me in my show kit - even I'd draw the line at pink bling on my breeches, or any bling for that matter. I have my bling browband which is pretty understated and my obligatory lump of dead sheep under my saddle but that's it. In fact, I'm even set to venture into CREAM breeches this weekend - think we're going hunting...

soupdragon71

Visit site
And what's better is you don't even charge extra for the additional dressage diva-ness in the stocks! :p Do I need to take special precautions when washing it?! :confused: ;)[/QUOTE]

Well you're not the first to report good luck on first outing:D. You just need to handwash it and give it a good press with a hot iron while it's still wet, or else it will look very wrinkly if left to dry.Don't tumbledry it:eek:. There is a care label on underside of it.

Where to next? At this rate you need to affiliate - there's money to be won:D!!

FigJam

teamhopalong.blogspot.com
Yay, well done! She looks fab in all those photos, proper little dressage pony :D Hope your bringing cake to teams :D

Well... maybe I'll bring cake for the Almond teams?!? :p Will see you on Sunday. :D

In fact, I'm even set to venture into CREAM breeches this weekend - think we're going hunting...

Oooh, hunting, exciting! :D Hope you get a good 'un to ride and have a blast. :)

Well you're not the first to report good luck on first outing:D. You just need to handwash it and give it a good press with a hot iron while it's still wet, or else it will look very wrinkly if left to dry.Don't tumbledry it:eek:. There is a care label on underside of it.

Where to next? At this rate you need to affiliate - there's money to be won:D!!

But are you sure the dressage diva-ness won't wash out?! ;) Will be keeping it away from washing machine/tumble drier, don't worry!

Don't have anything planned next until team comp on 12th Nov. Should be able to get a pre-comp tune up lesson with dressage trainer the week before. Being head cheerleader at the RC SJ team qualifier comp this Sunday. :D

JenniferB

Visit site
Oooh, hunting, exciting! :D Hope you get a good 'un to ride and have a blast. :)

It'll be dull as dishwater, there's so much standing water in the fields at the moment we'll be lucky to make it off the roads at all. But it's the opening meet, so we have to show face. I'll probably have one of the trickier ones, but they're a good bunch at the moment and surely nothing can be worse than last year's circus pony act I had to suffer for 4 or 5 days of hunting...

dafthoss

Visit site
WHOO go FJ and hopalong :D
See the bling does make you better at dressage :D;):p. I think there might just be a place for you on the dressage team now. Its going to make you a formidable combination if you keep this performance up when your out eventing again :eek:. Well done and I think I need some coo cake it looks yummy.

FigJam

It'll be dull as dishwater, there's so much standing water in the fields at the moment we'll be lucky to make it off the roads at all. But it's the opening meet, so we have to show face. I'll probably have one of the trickier ones, but they're a good bunch at the moment and surely nothing can be worse than last year's circus pony act I had to suffer for 4 or 5 days of hunting...

Ahhh, you'll have a blast really I'm sure. :)

woop woop, sounds like a fab day for team Hopalong, well done you :)

Thank you. :)

Well done again :D
And how did FC do? Did I miss her results somewhere?
You will be not wanting to leave the ground again at this rate but remain full on Dressage Diva :p;)

Should really leave FC to update you on her results, but they did very well... when she remembered the SJ course that is...! :p

And pah, I am practically counting down the days until next Feb/Mar!!! I can't wait to get airborne again! :D (and then you really will see happy Hopalong and FigJam photos! :D )

WHOO go FJ and hopalong :D
See the bling does make you better at dressage :D;):p. I think there might just be a place for you on the dressage team now. Its going to make you a formidable combination if you keep this performance up when your out eventing again :eek:. Well done and I think I need some coo cake it looks yummy.

Well... the bling certainly didn't seem to hinder her! :p I really can't see us scoring as well out at BE, but at least I know it's in there somewhere... maybe first event out I'll get lucky as she'll have forgotten how exciting the other bits are after?! ;)

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
Very well done FJ :D

You must have been flying after all that, the stock pin and stock are lovely and hopalong is lookng brilliant.

Youve done so well with her recovery, hats off to you :)

punk

Visit site
WOW FJ!!!! You and Hopalong are looking fabby!!! Good to see you back out competing - and SOOOO successfully!!!!!. Life has been very dull without your reports! Looks like you are going to take the dressage world by storm this season!!

Do hope you are heading towards the eventing next season though? We still have Barney(of course!!) but also a big 16.3 dark bay friend for him too!!! Little and Large will be out there soon!!:)

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
Wow what a day indeed!! :D

Sometimes a lengthy enforced break can be just what the dr ordered when battling bad muscle build up. She looks like a changed horse and credit to you for bringing her back so well as she could have easily dropped back into her old habits. Keep up the good work and next year there will be no stopping you eventing as I bet you find her jumping will improve a lot as well ;) :D

FigJam

Very well done FJ :D

You must have been flying after all that, the stock pin and stock are lovely and hopalong is lookng brilliant.

Youve done so well with her recovery, hats off to you :)

Aw, thank you, it's been a long wait but very definitely worth it so far! :) Fingers crossed we can keep up the dressage diva-ness, especially for the team comp!

WOW FJ!!!! You and Hopalong are looking fabby!!! Good to see you back out competing - and SOOOO successfully!!!!!. Life has been very dull without your reports! Looks like you are going to take the dressage world by storm this season!!

Do hope you are heading towards the eventing next season though? We still have Barney(of course!!) but also a big 16.3 dark bay friend for him too!!! Little and Large will be out there soon!!:)

Thanks punk, although I'm not sure our dressage reports are quite as exciting as jumping ones. ;)

Ooooh... new boy?! We need more info and photos please! :D Hope Barney is well and look forward to catching up next season. Hopefully it will be with H in tow to hoon round a few intros if all goes well at the start of next year when we reintroduce jumping, but vet has advised sticking to intro to play it safe, so no going back to PN for us sadly. :( However, I will just be thrilled to be able to jump her again and would love to get out doing some form of eventing with her, so intro will do! :D Fingers crossed...!

Wow what a day indeed!! :D

Sometimes a lengthy enforced break can be just what the dr ordered when battling bad muscle build up. She looks like a changed horse and credit to you for bringing her back so well as she could have easily dropped back into her old habits. Keep up the good work and next year there will be no stopping you eventing as I bet you find her jumping will improve a lot as well ;) :D

Hmmm... that's a good point about the "bad" muscle breaking down while on box/field rest then being able to build it up as "good" muscle again after, hadn't thought of that. :) Thank you very much, still a lot to work on and muscle to build up (she needs a little more weight too, I try keeping her on the side of lean rather than fat, but the rotten weather and grass dropping off caught me out recently. :( She is in at night on haylage now and getting nice big brekkie/dinner of power & performance as main grub, so should fill out a little shortly) but it is lovely to hear folk thinking she is looking well.

I am hoping that once we have built up all the muscle again she will feel as good (if not better!) than before with the jumping again. :D

She got a night off tonight as I wanted to keep the feeling of how nice she was yesterday since I'm still on a bit of a high from it and she is never quite as good at home as she is elsewhere. ;) :eek: