Hope Valley Saddlery

Cowpony

Visit site
Just wanted to post about some good customer service from Hope Valley Saddlery, as we get so many posts about bad service nowadays. And no, I have no connection with the company! I ordered a rug a few days ago as it was in the sale. It arrived today with a pair of socks I hadn't ordered, and a hand-written note to say that the colour I had wanted was out of stock in the requested size, but they didn't want to delay delivery so had sent me a different colour and a free gift! Clearly somebody who knows that at this time of year when you need a rug you need it now. In fact, it's just a l/w ready for the summer, and I don't care what colour it is as they all end up mud-coloured anyway, but I'm really chuffed at the kind thought, and that somebody took the trouble to write me a note!

Nasicus

Visit site
I'm a fan of HVS, they normally have some cracking bargains in their sales. I just got a pair of Ariat Clara H20 boots for £99, and a pair of Shire Moretta Nella long boots for £60. Not often I can find bargains in my size, as I tend to be the average size for things, and most places only seem to have sales on their left over sizes on either end of the spectrum, like either size 1 or size 10 boots haha

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
I love a visit to Hope Valley. They are very helpful.

I once sent a whatsapp to my yard friends saying I was heading over there and did they want anything picking up. While I was browsing one of the team was on the phone to a customer, walking around the store, describing products and options, helping the customer get the right thing. She must have been on the phone for at least half an hour, picking up stuff from all over the store.

I paid and as I was leaving my friend replied saying she had an order to collect and could I pick it up...yep, she was the customer on the phone! I don't think personal shopping is a service they advertise :D. They always go the extra mile.

NLPM

Visit site
I wish they were near me! Have ordered from them a few times online, never had any issues. Everyone I met in their stand at Olympia was lovely, too.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
i have also bought from them and always had excellent service. i ordered a headcollar and they sent the wrong one, i phoned to tell them and they sent me a prepaid label to return it and sent the right one immediately before receiving the wrong one back and couldnt have been more apologetic or helpful...

Sam_J

Visit site
I'm lucky to live near enough to visit. Always had great customer service from them - when we were looking for a new hat for my daughter we must have tried on nearly every style of hat in the shop before we found one that fitted. Nothing was too much trouble.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
The huge HVS store at Somerford is well worth a visit if you’re in the area. The staff are very helpful, and the shoe/boot and hat fitters really know their stuff. They tried their best to help me last time on my fairly fruitless search for good quality plain breeches without silicone sticky patches, but it seems that such things no longer exist.

(Got £15 cheapie cotton/Lycra Jodhs instead off eBay)