Hope Valley Tredstep Donatello sale

Rosiejazzandpia

Visit site
Hi all.
Just seen that Hope Valley are selling Tredstep donatellos in a range of heights and widths for £129. Does anyone have the tredstep donatello? I'm desperate for a pair of tall boots as my 10 year old chaps have finally died but didn't want to buy a pair without finding some reviews. They seem quite popular, but are they comfy and good quality? I hack and will be doing a bit of riding club and local tiny shows (hopefully) this year :)

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
They are beautiful boots. A friend bought some from hope valley for her daughter from Hope Valley. I barely fit in Ariat boots (with the laces stretched) so not sure there's hope of me fitting in Tredstep.

Rosiejazzandpia

Visit site
They are beautiful boots. A friend bought some from hope valley for her daughter from Hope Valley. I barely fit in Ariat boots (with the laces stretched) so not sure there's hope of me fitting in Tredstep.
Thank you. I've found they have wide fitting sizes that say 18-19 inch calves on the size chart so hoping they will fit me :)

chaps89

Visit site
I have a pair. Worn them twice, cleaned them properly after each use and stored in a box and they've turned green/the leather has faded badly :( but because I use them so infrequently I haven't been able to do anything about it.
I remember them fitting a lot more closely than my ariats and being somewhat more uncomfortable. Significantly cheaper though!

Chippers1

Visit site
I have a pair of the junior Donatellos (much cheaper!) , they're the only long boots that fit my short leg/skinny calf/small feet combination and I love them. They were quite tight to start but they've really moulded to my legs and are so comfy. I wear them for competing and lessons and don't look after them particularly well (think only cleaned when I'm going to a proper show, not even showjumping 😅) and that hasn't affected them like the poster above, maybe they're designed not to be cleaned ha ha.

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
I love mine, absolute torture to break in but worth it. As I love my Ariats, the tredsteps are far smarter to look at IMO and the leather seems to wear better.

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
Yes this is possibly what I meant by 'quite tight'..the first time I wore them I had bruises!! They fit beautifully now though 😅

I am still slightly traumatized ;) but they are nice and comfy now, I actually tried to break them in two winters ago, gave up and left them in the box until this summer! Warmer weather helps

Rosiejazzandpia

Visit site
I have a pair. Worn them twice, cleaned them properly after each use and stored in a box and they've turned green/the leather has faded badly :( but because I use them so infrequently I haven't been able to do anything about it.
I remember them fitting a lot more closely than my ariats and being somewhat more uncomfortable. Significantly cheaper though!
Oh no. That's such a shame, I'll keep the receipt and keep an eye on them for this.

Not looking forward to breaking them in at all 😂

indie1282

Visit site

I tried the Donatello in the wide calf and they fitted fine, almost a bit too big!

I haven't got a hope in hell fitting in to Ariat boots 🤣

sportsmansB

Visit site
I have found tredstep to be narrower and taller than most- I am a r / r in them and a small / tall in others
I take a 14/18 in their chaps and that came out as a r/r if thats any help
They are lovely boots though

Rosiejazzandpia

Visit site
What were the boots like? Seriously tempted!
Gorgeous! Really soft and true to size, no awful breaking in period and no blisters.
I've ridden every day for the past few weeks, sometimes 3 horses a day and they have held up beautifully and look like new. Just given then their weekly wipe over with horsemans one step and I love them :)