Hope

Serephin

Visit site
There is a 1% chance my horse can be saved, depending on what a CT scan shows up next week. Vet thinks all is lost and CT is just to make sure it is what she thinks it is.

My heart is broken, he is my forever horse, and now this has happened. I am clinging to the 1% chance, I have to.

I feel robbed. He has been my saviour, he gave me my confidence back, he made me feel better when I was suffering with my illness and my heart lifts whenever I am with him. Why is he being taken from me now. Life is so unfair.

My post doesn't really have a point, just need to write it somewhere. Hope is all I have. Am I being foolish?

Thanks for listening.

hnmisty

Visit site
You'd have to be superhuman not to hang onto that hope. I would be too.

I don't have wise words to offer, and I don't know what is wrong with your horse, but would like to express my sympathy and offer you a giant virtual *hug*

kerrieberry2

Visit site
oh bless you! I'm really sorry to be reading this! we will all keep out fingers tightly crossed for you and hope that the CT scan will show that the vet is wrong and pony is well!

cambrica

Visit site
Huge ((((Hugs)))) to you and everything crossed that you may have a good result. I have had to make decisions in the past which have seemed so unjust and unfair as have many on this forum so I'm sure you will find all the support you need from folk that know exactly what you are going through. Be strong and remember your not alone. Wishing you the best of luck x

Serephin

Visit site
Thank you everyone.

Vet suspects a tumour in the sinus under the brain. Nose has been bleeding for weeks now. Had surgery to remove clots in sinus and thought all was sorted. Turns out this was not the case, so something far more insidious in there, but too far in to find with scope or xray.

Not much they can do if it is a tumour, but there is that 1% chance...

DJ

Visit site
We need hope to see us through, and with out faith we fade rapidly. Love him like you still have forever, cherish each second you spend with him, and know that you have done all you can for him so far ... that is all our horses can ask of us ... where there is life, there is hope ... i`ll be thinking of you next week x

poiuytrewq

Visit site
There have been so many sad stories recently both on here and in real life that I like to think we are due some happiness and real good luck, lets hope its your 1% :)

merrymeasure

www.winningpost-art.co.uk
There have been so many sad stories recently both on here and in real life that I like to think we are due some happiness and real good luck, lets hope its your 1% :)

^^This. Where there is hope, even 1%, there is a chance. And I hope and pray things will work out for you and your horse. Keep strong, and keep that 1% hope alive. Thinking of you xx

Serephin

Visit site
Thank you so much for your kind words. They mean a lot to me.

I really don't know how I am going to make it through the next few days. I can't sleep or eat. I am clinging to that 1% , I feel like I will go mad and lose myself in my despair and sadness. My OH is going to be away with work, so the dark nights where all I can think about is losing my precious horse will be even worse. I don't know if I am strong enough.

My heart goes out to others who have gone through this. Life is cruel, so cruel sometimes.

babymare

Visit site
Please please eat even the smallest amount as you will need strength through coming days. Lean on us on here. we maynot be by your side but there to support and listen in anyway we can. Please take care of yourself. bigbig hug x x

dianchi

Visit site
Fingers x, stranger things have happened, vet was convinced my filly had bad OCD, had all the classic signs of it from the outside, but not a mark or an issue inside!
Here is hoping for you!

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
OP I hope that you get your 1% and your horse/pony recovers well. I hope you don't mind me saying the next bit. If he doesn't make it, think of it as him having done his job, he got you through the very very tough times, so that you can then be there for another horse who needs a home with a dedicated and caring owner, who can then be the legacy for this boy. Having said that, I hope you don't need to think like that for a long time. Thoughts are with you.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Thinking of you.

I think that the waiting is always the hardest part of an illness. Do try to eat because if the vet is wrong, your pony will need you to help him to get through whatever is the cause.