hopetoun - prize money

punk

Visit site
confused.gif

Finally got cheque for coming second in ON at above event (they NEVER have them ready on the day!)

I know it is Lower Limit - but a cheque for £32.00???
confused.gif
shocked.gif

Looking at the rules, they can't go below lower limit (ie £66.00 for 2nd).

So do you think it is a mistake, or does anyone know of any circumstances where they can wiggle out of giving the lower limit prizemoney?

Don't want to make a fuss if there is a simple reason for it!!!
blush.gif

archoak

Visit site
Prize money/prizes are rubbish if you ask me, my son got his first placing recently at Gt Tew Novice and all he got was a rosette - and we waited ages for the results - never again
crazy.gif

ETS: That sounds really greedy but after 2 seasons at Novice we had hoped for more than a rosette, people above him got a box of chocs and prize money!

riaseed007

Visit site
Don't know about the prize money, sorry but are you the one with the awesome dunn pony?
grin.gif

The only time I've won prize money was £33 for 2nd at coillemore PN. I found out that if I didn't miss out the fence on the xc at scotsburn I would have got about £100 for 3rd at novice!!!

punk

Visit site
Ha ha! yes, but I'm the Mum, not the rider - will PM you!

Look forward to seeing you at Auchinleck - if it goes ahead!

My reason for asking about the prize money was not sour grapes, but just that the ONLY time we get to win any money at all, we seem to get short-changed!!
In the South some of the JRN's give prize money - which I was told we would get if we got the points - just doesn't happen in Scotland
confused.gif

To come second in an Open Novice, and not even cover your entry fee is, IMHO, completely ridiculous.

Now that I am on a rant
ooo.gif
blush.gif
- to demand that people be there for prize-giving or forfeit their prize is also a complete joke if you don't actually get the 'prize' until a month later!!!!

Also - the girl who should have got the cup for the X-C nearest to optimum time wasn't at prize-giving - because she wasn't up for a placing presumably, and there was nothing in the schedule to say there was such a cup!! Daughter was next in line (0.1 second difference, so very close) and because she was there - she got it!!! That is so unfair........

kirkton

Visit site
Yes, it's a mistake. I also got my cheque today and it was for a very small amount. I called them up and they chequed the rule book and also with BE and they accept that they have paid us the wrong amount.

Peter Dale is away so as soon as he comes back they are sending out cheques to make up the difference.

punk

Visit site
I actually replied to this - perhaps slightly cynically - but pointing out that this happens every year at Hopetoun!!!

It seems to have been deleted - by Admin??? Why would they not tell me if this was the case - or has someone on here had it deleted?!!

If admin is watching, please tell me why???

We had a lovely day there, as we do every year. I actually grew up riding in the Hopetoun Deer Park daily, as my parents live on the estate, and it is one of my favourite events. However, I do think that BE has to make sure that their organisers follow the rules, just as they expect the members to
grin.gif

bogpony

Visit site
they closed the PN and N entries before the ballot date too....

only the intro and open novice was still open the day before the ballot date on bdwp.......

Visit site
i have to say that is really rubbish prize money. £32 is poor. And, like you, i never understand why they cant present the prize on the day! Whats the point of having a prize giving me thinks!