Horrible Naughty Horse

lisan

pets.webshots.com
As we all know the weather is completely crap atm, stood by the field gate and shouted May to come in, she came over but her fieldmate would'nt move away from the gate, and my Madam managed to dart out - no headcollar on!

It took me half an hour to catch the lil monkey in the pouring rain, she was just trotting off, dodging me until I managed to get her trapped down the side of the outdoor school, pulled the gate from the field walkway across, and a jumping pole across the other side, but NO she still would'nt give in!! Then lifted her back leg at me! Was really cross, then, but kept really calm, did'nt shout at her, pinned her into a bit smaller space, then she just turned round, looked at me and put her head in her headcollar!

She has been so good at coming in, really don't know what got into her tonight, apart from I have taken her off the hormonal mare for the winter, which I now think is a mistake!

Now home, cold and wet
crazy.gif

pottamus

Visit site
I think they all get a bit fed up with the crap weather TBH...everyone seems to be having trouble! Well done for keeping your cool...although the rain would have helped with that! LOL!
smile.gif

0ldmare

Visit site
Know just how you feel - I posted a couple of weeks ago about Barney (aka the little s***t) who would not be caught and how I threw the scoop at him in the end. Anyway the next few nights were fine and he allowed himself to be caught, but then on Saturday the Hunt came past.... well that was it, no chance. It was a foul evening as well - really windy and raining. Needless to say I more than sympathise with your plight!