Horrible wind!

EquiEquestrian556

Visit site
Who else has got 40 mph wind where they are (and rain)? It's so annoying.

At least the horses were able to go outside today though, I thought they'd have to stay in today.
One good thing though - perhaps it may blow dry the wet fields?!

I really hope it's gone by Monday.

#Pleasegoawaywind#

Carlosmum

Visit site
I haven't turned out yet, the way to their field goes past the haylage bales, which have some long plastic tails, highly spooky when blowing in the wind! I'm hoping it drops by midday or they wont get out at all.

Sukistokes2

Visit site
It's really horrid...:(
I have just cancelled my lesson(with the blessing of my instructor) it's the gusty wind that does if for me, last time I took my lorry out in winds like this my ramp was damaged when it was whipped out of my hands and slammed shut, bending all the clips. Also my lad is quite young and so far travelling well and I don't want to risk that. I am sure that there will be those who would ride and travel in a hurricane and no doubt will think I am a whimp but there you go!

huskydamage

Visit site
Yes, vile isn't it?! I was OK with wind but rain now as well? I intended to just suck it up and go ride, but the rain has really put me off....too much... It's days like these I wish I had an indoor school, or any kind of school! Oh well looks like its another fun ride down the wooded gravel byway...yawn
Probably tomorrow when I can't ride it will be sunny

EquiEquestrian556

Visit site
It's really horrid...:(
I have just cancelled my lesson(with the blessing of my instructor) it's the gusty wind that does if for me, last time I took my lorry out in winds like this my ramp was damaged when it was whipped out of my hands and slammed shut, bending all the clips. Also my lad is quite young and so far travelling well and I don't want to risk that. I am sure that there will be those who would ride and travel in a hurricane and no doubt will think I am a whimp but there you go!

I would never travel in high wind like this, Sunny travels fine, but our 7.5t lorry already looks 'wobbly' when driving without wind, so 30 mph at the maximum is the most we travel the horses in (any even then, we wouldn't unless it was a must).

PollyP99

Visit site
It's pretty bad here too but due to turn midday, sunny and cold by tonight which seems mad as its been 11-14 degrees overnight here!

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
horrible wind here, and I have to clip (wish me luck!) mine live out and have been out in it all night, hopefully they didnt mind too much :eek: I opened up the concrete standing area for them for shelter but I still feel a bit mean !

EquiEquestrian556

Visit site
horrible wind here, and I have to clip (wish me luck!) mine live out and have been out in it all night, hopefully they didnt mind too much :eek: I opened up the concrete standing area for them for shelter but I still feel a bit mean !

Good luck! What clip are you doing? Hope they don't have to have too much hair off!? :)

Landcruiser

Visit site
We've lost a fence panel and some felt off the stable roof. The horses are out but very spooked, especially when my step ladder (emergency roof repair) blew over. We have trees behind and it sounds like an express train. Horrible.

Evie91

Visit site
Mine have gone out but didn't turn out until 9am ( as its vile). Thought they could have a leg stretch whilst I muck out and do jobs in the paddock. I will get them in at 12.
We are basically in a wood - paddock and house, stables surrounded so I'm always anxious when it's windy!!

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Northallerton have cancelled their dressage today, A1 shut due to turned over lorry, friend lost roof off their shed. Miserable!

Even when it's not windy, it's windy at Northallerton!

I clipped this morning and was considering whether or not to go for a short hack. It wasn't raining and I though the weather might be even worse tomorrow so I tacked up and went out. It wasn't that bad, most wheelie bins are already over and my 15yo horse can just jolly well behave himself! The worst bit was not being able to hear the cars coming, so I just had to be extra vigilant.

wiglet

Visit site
Yes, it's days like these that really make you appreciate your indoor arena.... unfortunately I don't have an indoor... or an outdoor for that matter :D and as it's so windy, hacking in the extensive woodlands we do have, is not really an option - don't fancy a tree landing on my head :D
Mine are out in the field - well huddled around the shelter - they can come in earlier today.

ilvpippa

Visit site
Ours are all out: after an initial trot around they settled well. Think mines trying to keep heads down out the wind! Will be brought in around 2 though

lhotse

Visit site
The wind has been blowing at 40mph mean speed this morning with gusts upto about 65mph here in Glos. Mine have all stayed in, my mare hates this wind and trying to take her to the field and back would be dangerous, plus my electric tapes are all blowing everywhere.

PorkChop

Visit site
I'm in North East Scotland - it has been a bit gusty this morning but did a short journey in the trailer fine - been lightly snowing all day :)

humblepie

Visit site
Was bad earlier. Due to go out in lorry but decided not to. Driving from where it lives to the horse yard it was wanting to change lanes of its own accord. Change of plan horse went out in field and then ridden. Hope everyone gets on okay and not too much damage.

milesjess

Visit site
Mine stayed in yesterday for the first time... 1 day won't kill him, but he's back out today, sunny skies just very windy.

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
Better here (north east england) today than yesterday wind wise, but been snowing on and off all day and lots due this pm. horses were out yesterday and were fine- lots of natural shelter in their field and they were all stood grazing happily behind a line of trees. Out today too, if this snow stops I will ride, but if not they can have another day off and can come in earlier than normal.

muckypony

Visit site
I was meant to go show jumping but decided not to, others from the yard still went but I don't think its worth the risk! Always another day!

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Ours are in for the 2nd day running! We have horrendously gusty winds, snow and rain and the electric fence was down when we brought in on Thursday evening. We think we have had deer through the fencing, some of the posts are broken, we have posts and tape/wire all over the field. It is too windy even to go and pick it all up as our fields are very exposed, so until we have managed that, the horses will be staying in.

Dave's Mam

Visit site
Ours are out. They live out anyway. Put feed in stables & they wouldn't go in as the stables are making a horrible whistle! Put feed in field, happy bobbos.

Evie91

Visit site
I ended up bringing in at 11.30am as couldn't bear it any longer - huge gusts of wind.
Then I went out for the afternoon and the wind dropped, sun came out and I spent the whole time feeling guilty as the horses had only 2 hrs turnout for the day!!!

PonyclubmumZ

Visit site
Rode this morning, even our little bombproof pony was on her toes and had a little buck. We cut it short and come home before anything horrible happened. I threw them out in the field and there were as calm as anything though, typical!

Bertolie

Visit site
My 7 year old granddaughter wanted to ride my gelding today so thought she would have to take him in the indoor school. While tacking him up the wind dropped and the sun came out so she went for a short hack up the lane. Horses went out after but decided to bring them in at 4pm as paddock is rather wet and churned. They seemed happy enough out to be out for a few hours though.