Horsatack shop- Milton Keynes

gemma1992

Visit site
What are your opinions on this new tack shop in Milton Keynes?

I personally think that it is good because it saves you the hassle of sending off for something, only to find out it's the wrong size, when you can try it on and see it in the shop. Also, I found the sales assistants very friendly.

trundle

Visit site
I've been several times and I've decided that overall, I'm not impressed. Their riding wear selection is a bit rubbish, and their "competition wear" is very poor quality. I find that they only carry their own brands (Horsatack is owned by Weatherbeeta) and thus, the choice of items is quite limited.

Their saddle fitting service is flat-out weird - you buy the saddle to fit YOU, and then someone else apparently comes along later and fits it to your horse. I think that is totally a*se-about-face to how saddles ought to be fitted, which is to the horse first, and to the rider second.

On the plus side, I bought a body protector there recently and the assistant was excellent. I specifically went to Horatack as i know they carry a range of brands (Mark Todd, Rodney Powell, Champion). She spent a lot of time helping me find one that fitted properly, and made sure that i was able to sit comfortably in a saddle without it banging the back of the BP. So I think their BP fittting is excellent, but the rest of it is pretty so-so.

I will continue spending my money at RB Equestrian in Great Brickhill (not very far at all from Central MK), where there is a much wider range of stuff, much more knowledgable assistants, and much better quality items.

keeley

photobucket.com
I think its ok, better priced for things like brushes and a pound or so off suppliments.

Their tack isn't that great... but its 10 minutes from the office, so easy to pop in at lunch!

gumpatrump

Visit site
I've been and thought it was good. We went on the opening weekend and got 40% of everything we bought. Was very happy!!

kate081

Visit site
It's handy but it would be better if it stocked more brands. I prefer RB but Horsatack is nearer so convenient for bits & bobs. Shame they aren't doing feed too.