Horse ad

Lintel

Visit site
I would reckon by reading the full advert that 'requires confident rider' would mean. Requires 'ridden' rather than somebody just sitting for a wee jolly along.
If that makes sense...

I'm naff with confo etc but she sounds sweet. I would again be abit concerned that the price is low considering the market at present

cauda equina

Visit site
She sounds as if she might be strong - 'keen jumper who likes to get on with the job', 'forward going hack', 'competitive girl who likes to get on with her job'
And the confident rider is mentioned several times

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I would wonder why the fact that she needs a confident rider has been repeated 3 times. She sounds lovely but ................. all the things that have been said above.

Tarragon

Visit site
I had a look at the advert because I normally find these sort of threads very informative, but thought that the advert hadn't included any photos! I thought that the ones shown at the top of the page were of the "you might also be interested in these ..." variety. I went back to the advert again when someone mentioned the pelham and realised that they were the photos!
That aside, if it was local to you i would go and see her.

MagicMelon

Visit site
I dont think the horse is particularily cheap for a 14yo with no competition experience? To me, she's being sold as a hack - how much are 14yo hacks worth right now? I couldnt even sell my competition mare (with BE and BS placings) for £3,500 and then I reduced to £2,500 and gave up!

I think there's too many photos and a lot of them dont do her justice or are a bit pointless, like I think she looks grumpy in the one with the girl riding with pink jods (ears back and doesnt look like she's going forward). I base a lot on temperament and that one photo alone would put me off. I think the photos look like they're of different horses too possibly because they're taken over a few years? Id use the only the ones of her looking her best and current.

Might be good if its explained in advert why she needs a confident rider? Is she sensitive? Quirky? Particularily forward going? Spooky?

spacefaer

Visit site
Depends what your friend wants.
She sounds opinionated, forward going and enthusiastic. Might be fun, might be alarming!
Conformation wise, there's very little in front of you if she does mess around

wills_91

Visit site
There isn't a decent conformation photo but from the photos posted there is something "odd' about her - but can't quite put my finger on it!

Wishfilly

Visit site
I don't think she is that cheap for a 14yo who doesn't have competitive experience and is basically being sold as a hacking horse (and hasn't hunted). They don't mention schooling at all, which I find a bit unusual.

I agree she is probably a strong, forward going ride, but that's not necessarily a bad thing?

Looking at the photos, I would guess some are not recent, and I'd probably want to see a recent conformation photo.

But if your friend is looking for something to hack out and do fun rides on, she might be ideal!

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
If she’s near by go and have a look. If the photos are current she’s obviously hideously overweight. I’d be very clear on what needing a confident rider means. Does she have a nap? Or just a bit strong?

She does look as I she might be nicely put together, but at 14 may have the odd lump or bump (Which is to be expected).

Definately worth a look.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Hideously fat , and with that comes joint problems .
There’s stuff in the add that needs teasing out .
Why does the horse need a confident motivated rider .
Why does it have all that stuff in its mouth .
Why is it happy in a stable when it’s in a routine what’s between the lines on that .
Always been barefoot will it let the farrier shoe it in a mannerly way .

I would not be driving hours but it’s worth a look .
Before I looked I would be interrogating the owner about how much work it’s in
What’s your friend after ?
Is she confident it sounds like the horse might be hot or even very lazy it’s difficult to tell from the add .
Has your friend the right yard and mindset to do an epic diet and keep at it long term.
It’s an older horse but it might be a good purchase but I think it needs some research .

dorsetladette

Visit site
Snaffle mouthed - but several different combinations of bit/martingale things going on in the photos.
She looks opinionated in some of the photos. Possibly not happy schooling but a happy hacker.
It could be that its a very honest advert that is just badly written (and not proof read) by someone who isn't in the game of selling horses.

It's worth a phone call to find out - as long as your friend isn't after a world beater she could have found a new hacking buddy.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
It's a terrible advert, but I'm with Amymay, I'd say she's worth a look if local. Reading between the lines she hasn't been ridden a great deal since the owner had children and is now fat, bored and has too much energy. I would assume that you are essentially buying a horse from the field that needs gentle refittening and a certain amount of retraining.

SOS

Visit site
I feel harsh but....Ignoring the horse in them, the photo context alone would make me run a mile. The horse is fat, in various ill fitting tack, being ridden without a hat, being yanked in the mouth, being ridden badly and being sat on by very young children. I wouldn’t want a horse that’s been owned by these people for 8 years. They don’t scream responsible owner.