Horse and pony appreciaion society....

Agent XXX999

Visit site
Just thought that I would post to say....

I love my ponies because I have had a great weekend on them, hacking, flatwork and jumping, carrot feeding and clipping. If I could sleep at the stables I would because I am so lucky to have them...

I had a really bad accident 3 years ago which involved a long spell in hospital followed by an even longer spell of sh*tting myself when I was anywhere near anything equestrian...really feel that things are coming together now and my confidence is coming back...thanks to the boys!

Why do you love yours?
laugh.gif

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
horses do have an ability to make you feel fab dont they
grin.gif

This weekend was a milestone to be needing to clip Dan after I got so close to writing him off 6 months ago. Add that to having a great schooling session with Fleur and taking Dan out for a hack yesterday have led to a lovely weekend! Got to sort out Dan's mane then find him some dressage to do
grin.gif

Natalie_H

Visit site
I love mine because after a bad day at work he makes me forget about it. He doesn't care how much of a mess I look or what I am wearing. We may have our little problems, but when you get out for a great hack, or achieve something in any discipline, there is no feeling like it!

GTs

Visit site
I thank Chico for picking me up yesterday, and the really bad race horse who trotted accross the finish line (TB race 6 furlongs), about 1 furlong behind the rest.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
Because they love me, even on a weekend when I haven't ridden, due to awful weather and loads of backbreaking yard work. Two of them are never ridden now as they have retired, due to age, but I still think the world of them and dread the day when they finally leave the yard, for one of them it may be later this year.

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
I sadly don't have one of my own.
Instead I am an unpaid groom / general dogsbody for my kids pony (but I love it!
grin.gif
).

I love getting up at stupid o'clock in the morning ( before the kids get up even) to muck him out and feed.
I love being nipped on the backside on a daily basis.
I love being shoved out of the way when he wants to go somewhere.
I love being threatened with a double barrel.
I love being carted down the road.
But most of all, when it's just him and me, and the kids aren't about I love our little 'chats' and how he rests his head on my shoulder and whinnies at me. And how he's never naughty with the kids, just me!

SouthWestWhippet

Visit site
I love my pony because after knowing each other for 8 months, she has finally decided that *she* loves *me* (!). She calls for me if she hears my voice in the barn and she actually puts her ears forward and waits for me when I go to catch her.

She isn't the most 'people friendly' horse - in fact she can't really see the point of human beings other than to provide buckets of feed - so the fact that she has accepted me into her herd makes me feel very special.

I also love her because she carried a 14 yr old girl around a 3' course yesterday - biggest the girl had ever jumped - the rider lost her stirrups and just basically held on a steered... and Polly did all the rest. Ponies with heart like that are special I think.
smile.gif

SSM

Visit site
Because she is a Cleveland Bay
wink.gif

Because she is the pure sister of StinkerStonker

Because she is so loving and nickers at me all the time
grin.gif

wizzi901

www.pony4u.co.uk
because they always seem pleased to see you! (albiet hoping for food!!).

They take the stress of everyday life away and more for my old boy, he makes me smile all the time!

4whitesocks

Visit site
Because he is making me become a better rider - if I don't get it right he definitely won't....

Because he makes me laugh with his pathetic attempts at a temper tantrum (as opposed to my previous horses who just made me scared!)

Because he is so much fun to ride and I have a horse who I can trust & devlop a long term partnership with

Because when I am with him or riding him all the bad stuff goes away