Horse attack in Lincolnshire

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Could it have been the pony was already dead of natural causes,and had been picked at by a fox or birds?
This is hopefully the case, but how awful if not so.

This. The owner hadn't seen him for 2 days and those injuries shouldn't have killed him. There would have been lots of of blood if they had, and there doesn't seem to be any at all. I suspect he was already dead and a fox or badger went for some bits that were easy, testicles and an ear tip.

spotty_pony2

Visit site
I’m slightly concerned that whilst outriding the other day I passed a lad (20s) on his own on a footpath who asked if the horse had a big ‘youknowwhat’… probably just a lad being childish but concerning after then reading this a few days later!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Honestly, the amount of blood from a properly done castration can be frightening. To do it without an emasculator to crush the blood vessels and seal them would have resulted in the horse having hind legs covered with blood and a pool on the floor. That horse was dead before its balls were taken, probably by a fox or badger.

Clodagh

Visit site
I would just say that if a deer dies foxes and badgers eat the genitalia but also the anus and get in that way. It looks very odd I must say.
Castration would had to have been post mortem to explain lack of blood.
And I have no idea how to put a spoiler thing up so I hope you don’t all feel sick. 🤢

Errin Paddywack

Visit site
If this was genuinely someone killing the horse then how did they do it? No visible sign to show. Looks far more like a case of colic or possibly heart failure. He had obviously been thrashing around judging by the way the ground was churned up. I never saw a sheep attacked by a fox or badger when cast but Michael told me of finding one with its udder eaten off. Foxes and badgers are very quick to take advantage of a carcass. Damage definitely was done after death as others have said as no blood.

equinerebel

Visit site
That horse has been in distress whilst down. The mud is disturbed around its head and legs only. It's also a grey horse - you would see obvious blood from a fatal injury. The horse has gone down and died after some time on the ground. Most likely from colic. The appendages have been removed post mortem - most likely by scavenging animals.

The crime is the owner not seeing to the horse in 2 days.