Horse biting... help please

_jetset_

Visit site
Grace has not been in the field since last week (due to her mud fever) and is getting a little fed up, I have to admit. Anyway, last night one of the liveries was stood chatting to me and Grace with her 3 year old gelding, and at first Grace and him were nuzzling each other.

Then out of no where, Grace lunged at him and grabbed his nose... the poor little boy's nose was bleeding and she made a bit of a mess.

I have never known a horse do this before so out of the blue... she does not do this with me at all, but I am worried that she will lunge at others over her door.

Thanks,

Rebecca x

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
Mine are in stable opposite eash other: pic to demonstrate-

Photo-0055-1.jpg

And going past them is like rinning a gauntlet! People going past are fine but they always pullled faces at horses going past. Now that we've had turnout taken away (my guess it's until spring now
frown.gif
) and they're getting much worse. I find that keeping horses away from them is the best plan, that way they don't get wound up and made worse.

Tempi

Visit site
im afraid a lot of mares are like that! Bloss has to be in a field on her own because one minute shes nice as pie to other horses and the next shes trying to take a chunk out of them.

id never in a million years be able to hold another horse near her as she would definately go for them.

she likes her own space
grin.gif

filly190

Visit site
She is showing that she is fed up and yes a lot of horses can go that way, walk down the barn of a racing yard where they are stabled all the time and you'll get nipped by a few.

Unfortunate, but something you need to be aware of until she is out again,