Visit site
Hi All,
I have a rather complex boy who seems to travel well, but on occasion gets scared by lorries and big buses over taking (yes I am a ridiculously cautious driver and he is my pride and joy) he has all 3 windows open and the top vent, but I’m wondering if it would be a good idea to have his window closest to him closed as this is where he sees the traffic ( basically he jumps and I know this as we have cameras) he soon gets over it, but I want him to enjoy the ride and not worry. So I was thinking of only opening the other side window (big) and the one at his back end (small) (he travels backwards) anyway I’ve read that we should have all windows open, and at this current time the weather isn’t hot but was concerned it would make that horrible rushing noise (that I hate in a car) would that be the case?

humblepie

Visit site
My horse gets hot travelling but in the cold wet weather out of the six windows in total, I don't always open the window immediately in front of his head or his back. I don't have a camera so no idea if he travels differently or not depending on the windows open. Years ago the lorry I had was more of a cattle waggon so small opening flaps at the top of the sides and no windows. Windows didn't exist other than on posh lorries. When I first got one with windows I took my then horse for a little drive round to make sure she was happy seeing the traffic.

Katieg123

Visit site
I was told to always have the front facing windows closed in case a rock flies in from another car and gets the horse in the eye..

Goldenstar

Visit site
Yes try shutting the window and see if it helps .
In the hottest weather you have to choose to open it but most of the year it will be fine .