Horse box

Agent XXX999

Visit site

What can I legally drive to transport my horse in?

I am 24 and hold a full license : )

I didn’t realise I could drive anything that remotely resembled a horsebox!

**** getting really, really, excited imagining all of the places we could go *****

[[[[[ realises have spent quite enough on horses recently and OH might have a few things to say ]]]]

**** never mind that is what banks are for *****

Anyway….what can I drive that will fit my 17.2hh and 2 jack russells?

KatB

Visit site
You can drive anything upto 3.5tonne. So transit conversions, or a LT35 (VW) or any van conversion. Finding one for a big horse can be difficult though!
crazy.gif

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
You can drive anything upto 3.5tonne. So transit conversions, or a LT35 (VW) or any van conversion. Finding one for a big horse can be difficult though!
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask JH58 as she has a nice Renault Master conversion that does carry upto 17.2hh in height...and is within weight with one horse too
smile.gif

Sooty

Visit site
Anything that can transport such a large horse and be under the 3.5 tonne limit may be a little unstable. It is possible that you might be better off with a 4x4 and trailer, which has a lower centre of gravity. Have a good look at what is available in the van market.

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Is your horse the beautiful but totally ginormous dressage horse? If so, I should imagine that weight could be an issue? But definitely worth checking out, particularly if the horse is a good traveller you could be OK with a good 3.5 tonne box.

Agent XXX999

Visit site
Um yes I think that’s him….He said thanks for the compliment – he thinks the horse in your pic is not too bad either!

He is a good traveller…he would try and get in my car if he could love him!

ecrozier

Visit site
She can't tow a trailer though sooty!!
I'm the same age, same prob....done my trailer test, now got to do my lorry test cos new horse really struggles in the trailer plus i find it a bit scary towing 2!
There are some nice 3.5tonne boxes around, would look myself but we would be over on weight I think plus if I'm spending all that money want some living!!

jennystreek

Visit site
Afraid thats true about the trailor, we cant drive them on our post-1997 license!! I'm also 24 and so probably did my test the same time as you (1999?) We are allowed to drive up to 3.5tonnes and also a MILKFLOAT......errhhh thanks for that Gov!!

Get so frustrated that im not just a few years older as would automatically be able to tow, plus drive the LGV lorry. WHY DID THEY HAVE TO CHANGE THE RULES GRRRRR.... My 80yr old grandmother could drive the horsebox if she wants....absolutely crazy as wouldnt even trust her in a milkfloat!!
mad.gif