Horse Buying - it must be character building!!

Dovorian

Visit site
I've been looking for about a month now - nothing that really made me rush to the bank I have to admit. A lot have been silly prices and hugely inflated potential (viz County level cob with a huge capped hock). Today I had an amazing time waste -BHS approved yard reducing stock, 2 potential horses (I want an allrounder which is quiet to have fun with) - No 1 TB Gelding - hopping lame with a big knee, No 2 similar type but 2 shoes off, 1 foot exceedingly broken up, very lame. Having expressed 'disappointment' as I had hope to be able to ride them I was told that it wouldn;t be a problem as they have been hacking out this week and the problems have not got worse! I think it took me about 10 secs to say thanks and goodbye, but this is an appproved centre so what hope is there?

Claireg9

Visit site
i must admit buying a horse can be frustrating.. and i want to take them all home to make them better. However as a seller it can be equally frustrating!

FadedFantasy

www.piczo.com
HaiiXx!
Well yer it is difficult finding the perfect horse ive been looking what a year or so now? But ive fiannaly dicided to wait a year or so.. to get more money so i can get the perfect horse. But there always hope in the dimest situations Just needs somebody to realise it.. Soo i wiishhh youuu grd look
wink.gif

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
I've always been very lucky in the sense that pretty much everytime I've been looking for a horse the first ones I've seen have been what I've wanted
laugh.gif
(I think you need to go down to Cornwall
tongue.gif
)

susan_w

Visit site
Hi Cathy. I've got a lovely grey 15.1h irish gelding called Joey - he would be perfect for your hacking life........he will be the grand age of 18 on the 1st September, so age wise he's no spring chicken, but he's still got it.........

Interested to know where you were yesterday, BHS approved etc?? PM is probably better idea.

Dovorian

Visit site
I consider myself very lucky not to have to worry about purchase cost or livery - it's just finding a horse that is actually as described and is sound and healthy! I cannot believe how many people care nothing aout a horse they are selling, it is tragic that they can own a horse and bundle it away like an old bicycle!!