Horse Charity Choosing Advice please

YasandCrystal

Visit site
ok so I have been making a regular monthly donation to the Brooke for 2 years now.
Having read quite a bit on here about how rich they are I have decided to cancel my DD to them and to choose 2 smaller needy charities to give to and split the monthly donation between them.
Hubby donates to ILPH and I do a small one monthly to WSPA already.

The charities I was thinking of are 'The Alternative Animal Sanctury., The Mare and Foal sanctuary and Wood Green Animal shelter or possibly Hopefield Animal Shelter in Brentwood as it is a local charity.

Suggestions please?!!! Are there any more needy? Are any of those in my list already cash rich?? Which 2 should I choose?? Arrrgh it's so hard
I want to donate to 2 ideally, so could do with help to get it right. Thanks :)

waggerz

Visit site
When i did some fundraising for charities, instead of giving them a lump sum id ask for a list of things they needed, e.g. dog beds, horse blankets, head collars, buckets, bowls etc. I found that then atleast i knew where my money and other peoples money was going.

But with donating id go for ones local to you that you could visit easily and then you get to see what you money is helping to do. :)

YasandCrystal

Visit site
Right I am decided. I am going to make regular monthly donations to EMW and Hopefield Animal Santuary Brentwood.

I actually figured that all the charities that beg via the post have funds to market and they don't likely need my donations to survive.

The worst culprit I have ever come accross for wasting money is the Humane Society - they have sent me spoons, a cup and saucer - cards and envelopes. It makes me quite angry! :(

Thank-you for your help!