horse coming back into work... will she ever jump again?

eli_h

New User
Visit site
/i am not this mare’s owner, i was asked by them to bring her back into work and care for her/
my 8yr irish mare of 15.1hh had an unknown injury to her back/hind legs, causing her to be lame and stiff, unridable, for a few months (current owner brought her at this stage)
we rested her for a few more months and began to introduce walking. she doesn’t seem lame, just needs to build muscle.
we introduced small bursts of trotting but started to show lameness again so vet is coming out next week to check her and get this sorted. she’s a lovely mare with lots of potential.
i’m wondering if she’ll ever be able to jump and gallop? owner says not, but with the right amount of work and time could she? going to be asking vet when they come down.

Shay

Visit site
Really only the vet can tell you. If you don't know what casued the origional lameness and made no efforts to treat it other than rest then I'm afraid no-one is going to be able to predict the outcome.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Really only the vet can tell you. If you don't know what casued the origional lameness and made no efforts to treat it other than rest then I'm afraid no-one is going to be able to predict the outcome.
this
Hope you get some answers when the vet comes out.

eli_h

New User
Visit site
thanks for the replies
vet care out and put her on a program for the next 6 weeks. she should be able to go back into full work!