Horse cut face :( what to use

HorsesandParrots

Visit site
So, my mare has cut her face today, under her eye but towards the middle on the bony part if that makes sense... is rather deep but no bleeding. I normally use derma gel or sudo-cream on minor cuts, but this looks pretty sore and I really want to try stop it scaring if possible. Her showing days will be over with a scar on her face :( what do people suggest? My first thought is to keep it moist. The outer part has just had the hair taken off, then there's a deep small line in the middle. There's nothing to stitch or anything as its been taken off rather than cut. It is small and deep... i'm thankful it has missed her eye. Poor girl :( xx

Fiona

Visit site
My Welsh cob had a deep cut just beside his eye, and I don't think it left a scar..

How about some Aloe Vera cream if you want to keep it moist, and its natural as well in case any gets into her eye.

Fiona

HorsesandParrots

Visit site
My Welsh cob had a deep cut just beside his eye, and I don't think it left a scar..

How about some Aloe Vera cream if you want to keep it moist, and its natural as well in case any gets into her eye.

Fiona

Thank you. Hoping it doesn't scar. I'll try that xx

BethH

Visit site
Manuka honey is wonderful, the bettter the quality the better it works. Also, Calendular oil (go carefully around the eye as it's oil so dab it on with your fingertip) is fab at quick healing, it's Marigold which is known for being great with soft tissue healing and knitting wounds together. Just make sure there is no infection in the cut. So I'd use the honey 1st and then after a few days use the calendular if needed. My horse had KS surgery as a baby and the calendular knitted the wound & regrew the hair so well you can't even see it, the cut was about 10 inches long! He ripped his face open last year and the vet had to stitch it back together and the manuka honey was simply amazing. Again barely anything sign of the injury.