Horse drawn carriage

Kelly1982

Visit site
My friend is looking into getting a horse drawn carriage for her wedding early next year. She has had a quote for £500. Is this a good price??

Does anyone know of any other companies that supply this service so we can compare??

Or does anyone know someone who does this??

we are in kent by the way

Kelly1982

Visit site
I dont think she has, have you got any contact details for her?? Or does she have a website??

If not i will tell her to look in the yellow pages or something.

Kelly1982

Visit site
Aww we would love to have him but unfortunatly the never pulled a cart thing kinda puts pay to that
tongue.gif
grin.gif

miamibear

Visit site
I think thats around average TBH.

I got mine for free!!
grin.gif
Grandads old horse and carriage - he passed away so was like a piece of him being there as he loved his horsie!

I would say no matter the cost go for it (i know its easy to say that) but it made the day for me! Wouldnt have felt right doing anything else!

Its eyecatching and different and very fitting - if she is horsie!! And very beautiful.

Will try and upload some pics, but i will have to take pics of pics first!! Might be a while!!
grin.gif

Kelly1982

Visit site
Aww that is so lovely!!!

Yeah upload some pics if you can, i would love to see.

My friend isn't really horsey as such but she does like them so wants to have some for her big day.

She thought £500 seemed quite a lot for about an hour but has only managed to find one company so far.

TGM

Visit site
I'd echo Miamibear - having a horse and carriage (actually I had two - one for the bridesmaids as well) was amazing and really made my day. Especially as the route took us through the high street and all the shoppers waved at me as if I was royalty!

Can't remember how much it cost but it was 10 years ago and was 'mates rates' anyway. The gentleman has now retired but sold one of his horses to the lady I mentioned above.

MillionDollar

Visit site
Sounds about right.

A friend of mine does it for people (he only does a few) and still charges around £200 even though they're friends coz it takes him a week of preparation!!!! and then you've got travelling costs, day wasted, etc.

Horseymum

Visit site
I guess I am the only one then who on my wedding day didn't want anything to do with horses. For once I smelt nice, didn't have hay in my hair, had clean hands and nails and knew that someone else was worrying about my two so I didn't have to!

I am sure your friend will love her horse-drawn carriage and will have a brilliant day but it wasn't for me.
laugh.gif