horse failed vetting but vet told to re-vet in a week..

Status
Not open for further replies.

AandK

Visit site
For a £20k horse, I'd walk away. I'd take a punt on a £2k horse for the same reason, but spending that much I would want to have no doubts about soundness on the day of the vetting.
If you really like the horse, it may be worth discussing with the owner, but I'd want them to pay for investigations and if no issues found, they would also have to pay for the revetting. As well as a reduction in price (don't want much, do I!)

Littlebear

Visit site
My friend bought a horse last year for slightly more than you are looking at op, there was a ? on the vetting, technically a failure on one leg but the horse was so talented and it was so minor she went ahead, had a great few months then went totally lame and has been a field ornament since with no signs of coming back to work any time soon.
Its no use having a talented horse if it isn't sound enough to do its job :(

Orchard14

Visit site
Unless the sellers are prepared to drop the price, take the horse to a hospital for a full work up and pay for any treatment and pay the re-examination fee I would turn around and keep on walking - fast. If you do go ahead at least take out loss of use cover, that’s if your insurance company would even let you without a sparkling clean PPE.

Status
Not open for further replies.