Horse fitness

ollierdog

Visit site
Hey wondering if I could have some opinions on how fit people think my horse will be at this stage from coming in from being turned away, he is a 6year old tb with previous back problems.
He has had three weeks lunging upto to 35/40 min in walk, trot canter building up gradually over the three weeks.
Has had 4 weeks ridden work, with hacking, schooling, treadmill and lunging all being built up. He is now schooling for 40min, hacking for 50 min and the treadmill 40 min twice a week. Ridden 6/7 days a week and turned out 24/7.
In two weeks he will be visiting the vets to reasses, hopefully they will say he can go back to normal and get out eventing:) how many weeks do you all think it should take to get him back up to eventing fitness- do you think it is realistic after 3 weeks after 9 weeks so 12 weeks to be back out be90/be100 he was eventing double clears at be100 in march. Obviously will be speaking and taking vets advice but getting egar to plan last little bit of the season!

taimargilbert20

Visit site
Tbh my old horse evented at 80/90 on the same amount of work as your doing ATM so can't see you having issues at a low level then by the time you want to move up to novice you can just up the hacking/canter work. I'm sure your vet will give you the best opinions as they've seen and treated your horse :) hope your season goes well! X