Horse hair jewellery urgent question

Goldenstar

Visit site
I have a horse to go to the paddock in the sky .i need to know quickly do you put conditioner on their tails when you wash them before taking a bit .
I want a bracelet made .

Floxie

Visit site
Yes - I make these. It will make it easier to brush through the hair and provide an untangled section to cut. You can wash it afterwards with washing up liquid or baby shampoo to get rid of the conditioner and any grease. Take as much hair as you can, as much as you are comfortable taking - better too much, you never know what you might want to have made with it in future.

For a bracelet make sure as much of the hair you cut is as long as possible. If you just take a chunk you might notice it thins towards the end - you need LONG hairs for braiding, and most of these hairs aren't long. Best to get a thick bit from the bottom of the tail, follow that up to the dock, and cut - then you know all the hair is full length.

Sorry for your loss, and safe travels to your horse :(

Last edited:

SEL

Visit site
Sorry to hear this. The company that I asked to do a bracelet for my friend's horse also told me to take as much as possible. No mention of conditioner though so I just gently cut it all off at the appropriate time.