Horse hair trimmers

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I have been looking at them as one of my horses doesn't like the big clippers on his head anyone got the liveryman classic or the wahl pro series I just can't decide the wahl are a bit cheaper and you can buy replacement blades for both neither can be sharpened, or has anyone got any recommendations?

Leo Walker

Visit site
I've got the generic Wahl ones. They are so quiet but still remarkly powerful. I got reconditioned ones off ebay for £25 and they are still going strong a year later, and have done a full clip of cob hair in that time, although thats not to be recommended!

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I've got the generic Wahl ones. They are so quiet but still remarkly powerful. I got reconditioned ones off ebay for £25 and they are still going strong a year later, and have done a full clip of cob hair in that time, although thats not to be recommended!

okay thanks I have never bought trimmers before so I just have no idea about them and they vary so much in price, they are only for the face and maybe legs in the summer although I have Arabs so they are not really hairy, I think I might go for middle price ones just to be safe they will do the job.

Visit site
I think mine are Liveryman but I honestly couldn't tell you! They are however very quiet and I have done a whole shetland with them before - again not reccomended as it took me nearly 2 hours! But they did the job!

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I think mine are Liveryman but I honestly couldn't tell you! They are however very quiet and I have done a whole shetland with them before - again not reccomended as it took me nearly 2 hours! But they did the job!

thank you they must have been pretty good Shetlands tend to have quite thick coats,

GoldenWillow

Visit site
I have used wahl pro ones for years and found them great, even clipping through cobs feathers. They finally died a year ago and I ordered some replacements which were completely useless, struggling to go through a beard. Not sure if they've changed them somehow or I just got unlucky.