Horse hunting post lockdown

tatty_v

Visit site
So rather unexpectedly it looks like my OH and I will be horse hunting once lockdown is over. I wish I could feel excited about this but I just feel an impending sense of dread! ?

If any of you lovely HHOs know of a sane and sensible 15hh+ gelding who is happy to hack alone and in company and doesn’t have separation anxiety, please let me know!

SEL

Visit site
So rather unexpectedly it looks like my OH and I will be horse hunting once lockdown is over. I wish I could feel excited about this but I just feel an impending sense of dread! ?

If any of you lovely HHOs know of a sane and sensible 15hh+ gelding who is happy to hack alone and in company and doesn’t have separation anxiety, please let me know!

I need one of those too!

ihatework

Visit site
‘Just’ a happy hacker?

I know of something that might well need rehoming as a hacker. Sporthorse (Irish, with some hone) who isn’t physically cut out for the demands of competition.
Sound for the purpose of hacking but would never pass a vetting.

Would likely be a loan with view to gifting in the future if things were working out. I’ve only heard this on the grapevine though.

tatty_v

Visit site
‘Just’ a happy hacker?

I know of something that might well need rehoming as a hacker. Sporthorse (Irish, with some hone) who isn’t physically cut out for the demands of competition.
Sound for the purpose of hacking but would never pass a vetting.

Would likely be a loan with view to gifting in the future if things were working out. I’ve only heard this on the grapevine though.

I think sadly we would want to do a bit more than hacking - bit of schooling, odd bit of jumping now and then, clinics and lessons etc. OH is a vet so we can manage minor ailments and conditions but would still need to be reasonably sturdy.

I’m aware I’m looking for a unicorn ? I landed on my feet with my current boy, but the thought of spinning the roulette wheel again is scary!

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
There's a very nice gelding on arabianlines if you like the breed. Wraphael. He's 50% crabbet too.

http://www.arabianlines.com/for_sale/index.htm

Wraphael_2.jpg

ETA - it won't let me copy the description but if you click on the link and then select geldings and scroll down you'll find him.

tatty_v

Visit site
Gosh he’s stunning and sounds lovely. I have absolutely no experience of Arabs, have always thought they were too fine and classy for me! I will investigate ?

RHM

Visit site

Join the club ?? I will let you know if I hear of anything, I have everyone I know looking out for me!

tatty_v

Visit site
I don’t remember it being this stressful last time! Had a quick look on horsemart, my boy was the third horse I tried and it was a done deal! This time I seem to be sifting and sifting and not finding much ?

tatty_v

Visit site
So the horse hunting has Been continuing (some very handy threads on here where we all appear to be looking for something similar!) but without much luck. Got all excited about one ad, good conversation on phone, viewing booked, came round to the morning of the viewing, texted to confirm before we set off and it was cancelled ☹️ *sigh* I’m beginning to remember how much I hate horse shopping!