Horse Huntng again :(

BuzzyBea

Visit site
Some of you may remember our boy Magic's journey through colic surgery at the beginning of the year. It's been a long, tough and stressful struggle but we recently had to have him PTS following an impaction. He finally made the decision for us bless him :(

I now face the task of finding another equally special horse to make my daughter smile and fall in love with horses again.

Have been looking on the web but can't believe just how expensive they are!! Even those with either no breeding or no record to speak of they are still asking big money!!

Can anyone give me some suggestions of where to find a gorgeous boy for a perfect home? I have to be realistic about a budget at the moment as have had to fork about £10k for Magic as NFU refused to pay out for any of his treatment or to pay out his sum insured!!

Any thoughts would be hugely appreciated :)

TGM

Visit site
So sorry to hear about your boy. We need to know what size and temperament you are looking for and what job you want the new horse to do. Have you got any restrictions on sex, age, breeding etc and your maximum budget.

BuzzyBea

Visit site
I am so sorry to hear that news.

What sort of special horse are you looking for?

Thank you.

Looking for an Irish gelding preferably that is brave and has scope to work his way up the BSJA levels. Needs to love to jump and go over anything that he is put at. Fearless xc too. Just a generally easy horse to do all round that wants to be loved!! Looking around the 16-16.2 mark and 6-9 age. :)

Luci07

Visit site
They will be younger than you said, but it's really worth giving Irish Horse Imports a call and go over when they have a new load over. They will have predominantly 4 and 5 years old who will be green. However, they will have a big choice, very very nice horses with good breeding and David is pretty spot on with his assessment of the horses. The yard is not flash, the turnover is quick so if you like something, you will have to move quickly. If horses don't meet David's criteria, he sends them back to Ireland. My YO has bought around 20 horses from him and they have all done well. Money is around £3.5 to £5.5k. Last time I was getting so fed up trying to find what I wanted that I was going to buy one with my YO and then use the extra money to have him professionally schooled. Irish Horse Imports are on FB and in Reading. More money but more established is Shane Walsh near Oxfordshire. His OH is a pro SJer and he knows his stuff. Keep on calling him though as he is always on the phone and it took me a couple of tries to get him! I bought my lovely boy from him and 2 months on, this boy is still doing what Shane said he would do. Horses are more money (seem to be 6-8k) but are normally with a bit if a record on them. Mine had run at BE100 a couple of times.

Sorry you lost your boy. Mine is also called Magic..

Luci07

Visit site
Ask David when the next load is due in and book to go the day after. He gets around 20 horses or so in and they would all broadly fit a similiar description. You will probably have a choice of 3 or 4 then...

debbielinder

Visit site
Not sure if they will be to far but Doug Aldred near Preston is very good and very reliable doesn't really advertise sells through reputation he has a Facebook page and also mark allman who is based in Cheshire I know of quite a few very satisfied customers of his.