Horse in the house?

Hippophilia

Visit site
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-16505629

The mind boggles. May I point out that it is a Connemara and probably quite happy out 24/7? And I'm not really sure that it was aware it had no stable 'even on Christmas Eve'.
The best thing for the welfare of that pony would be to surrender to the welfare authorities who presumably would be able to provide her with company and decent grazing.

Spring Feather

Visit site
Well as much as it seems pretty off the wall to us in this day and age this was how many working horses and ponies were kept in centuries gone by. The pony looks well cared for and happy but to go to all the trouble of "renovating" the house to cater to the pony seems silly (eccentric!) to me when it would be much easier to build a field shelter in the back garden paddock.

Tinsel Trouble

Grantham (please don't judge me! originally from S
Visit site
We had an 11.2hh welsh A that would come in the house. Normally when Dad was out. she would warm herslef by the aga, eat the bread out the bread bin and she worked out how to open the fridge. We caught her once snaffling the mushrooms.

She was well into her 30s by that point and lived in the garden. She was a proper childs pony to the extent that my brother learned to walk holding her tail- she was 1 in a million.

She used to get a cup of tea and a jam sandwich everyday and was generally a joy to have around. Even if you did have to clear up the hoof prints in the carpet.

SaharaS

Visit site
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-16505629

The mind boggles. May I point out that it is a Connemara and probably quite happy out 24/7? And I'm not really sure that it was aware it had no stable 'even on Christmas Eve'.
The best thing for the welfare of that pony would be to surrender to the welfare authorities who presumably would be able to provide her with company and decent grazing.

by the sounds of it she's deep littering too!I bet her house absolutely HONKS...I've thought nothing before of bringing in a lamb or goat kid...but it would be in a pen on the flagstone floor / inner porch but the lounge??really quite ridiculous. She seems to be going about it thoroughly, but really?? already been out on the lawn & nibbled a few plants from the neighbour? hmm thats a good idea:eek: I guess trying to think as positively as possible about the situation....at least her pony will be safe from any of those vicious attacks....

please can this be a wind up!

sunshine19

Visit site
The stench of ammonia must be horrendous, even if she was really careful there must be some leakage of urine onto the floor below. Her house, her pony, her business. I do feel sorry for the adjoining house, it looks like both livingrooms back on to each other. Must be very irritating, 500kgs of horse thumping about on the walls and floor :rolleyes:

Spudlet

Visit site
I hope that horse is wet, not sweaty. Even do it must be absolutely boiling! And goodness only knows what kind of plants it has access to in the garden, or whether the fencing is designed to contain a pony... And she wants to breed from it? Where's the foal going to live, in the bathroom?!

blueblonde123

Visit site
This really isn't a joke! It was on the scottish news a couple of days ago, they had a brief interview with an SSPCA officer who said the charity were able to take the pony but the owner didn't want to hand it over.
She did come across as a bit of a crazy person.