Horse lame when on circles/surface

foxy1

Visit site
I'd be grateful for thoughts /advice re my 6 year old horse.

I have had various issues with him that has meant his work has been very stop start- cyst needing to be removed, tooth abscess, various kicks, respiritory infection, pedal bone chip, to name a few. He went lame behind in July last year after a good run of work (for him!) of about 6 months, but only once I had started schooling. Vet came out and advised some rest and in hand work. He was no lamer when flexion tested and was about 2 or 3/10ths lame bilaterally.

While resting he got kicked, then I got injured so started bringing him back in to work around December. He has been absolutely sound while doing his 4 weeks walk, another 4 weeks walk plus trot, 2 weeks adding canter then I have started 15 mins schooling 3 x a week for 2 more weeks and he is lame behind again!

Any thoughts?

foxy1

Visit site
Just to update this, he has been diagnosed with OCD in both stifles but much worse right hind. Was completely sound after flexion tests and on straight line trot up but showed lameness on circle with lame leg on outside.

jumping.jack_flash

Visit site
Mine started to behave like this after gentle schooling in the school. Lunged for vet on hard ground - tight circles = sound, yet lunged in the school = Not sound. Yet couldn't quite put finger on it. Was sent off for a Ridden and Work up assessment... and BANG! diagnosed with proximal suspensory (strain) both hind legs. There is another thread on here, where people's experience has kept me sane. I never thought I would be someone reaching out for help and advice... but pleased I did as it gives hope. x