Horse magazines - which ones do you read?

Holly_09

Visit site
I like horse and rider or your horse. Haven't read a H+H in years, so I don't know how much it's changed. Nothing will compare to Horse and Pony (Freddie!) though ;)

HaffiesRock

Visit site
I like them all. I read Horse and Rider, Horse, Your Horse, sometimes Horse and Hound and a couple of other freebie ones I get at my local tack shop.

NativePonyLover

Visit site
Your Horse usually and H&H - I don't tend to read H&H so much over the winter, but get it weekly during the Spring/Summer when more is relevant/interesting to me.

SHCC

Visit site
Local freebie magazine that I pick up at a client's yard when I'm there. Pegasus magazine I think??
Carriage Driving and Heavy Horse World. Anyone care to guess where my interests lie? :p

Kitty B

Visit site
I usually pick up whichever ones have articles in them that I want to read. I regularly pick up Western Horse UK when I can find it in the store. I'm going to be buying a subscription to that one after missing out yet another issue because we couldn't find it.

Rosiejazzandpia

Visit site
I was obsessed with Pony magazine as a child.
Now I read Horse&Rider and Horse. Always get the freebie ones from the tack store. Have to say Ive only read Horse and Hound once! I dont buy the magazines as religiously anymore now because the prices seem to be creeping up :(

bouncingbean

Visit site
My dad gets Horse and Hound every week so always nab that for a browse and I get Horse and Rider each month. The freebies at my tack shop are good too, think its Horse Scene and another I can't think of the name of. Used to read the pony mags when I was younger too, probably still got them somewhere! :D

Carojay

Visit site
All of them! I read h&h most weeks though it is a bit pricey, I subscribe to horse and your horse, and I love horse and rider. I also get the local ones occasionally and any freebies! I'm rubbish at throwing them out too so my house is slightly over run with horsey magazines :)

Dumbo

Visit site
Don't read any certain ones in particular - I scan the covers and pick which ever includes an article of my interest, often your horse! Not a huge fan of H&H :eek:

Echo24

Visit site
Have been a subscriber to all the horsey mags at some point or another and one by one cancelled them (the last being H&H which I subscribed to for 8 years!) It all came down to cost, I've kept all the mags so they're all useful references but they're very expensive and personally I don't feel they're good value for money. I've invested in a number of equine reference books instead but still pick up the odd copy of H&H for big shows like Badminton.

mandwhy

Visit site
I like horse, your horse, and horse and rider (I think its called) I'm afraid I don't really like H&H as I never really found it relevant to me. I like when they have those training clinic things.

Used to love pony magazine, I remember when they did that competition to win a pony with all costs covered for a year, there was a really lengthy application form that I spent soooo long on I was convinced I would win! Alas I did not!

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I subscribe to Your Horse and have done for years but I find it a bit banal these days. I feel like I've read it all before and sometimes it seems aimed at the lowest common denominator. Product reviews and reader photos a way to fill up space with nothing!

I buy Horse, Horse & Rider and H&H fairly regularly as I spend quite a lot of time travellling on trains and end up buying mags to relieve the boredom.

I'd like a magazine that was more meaty with the articles and looked into veterinary treatment, training methods etc without it being dumbed down.

PercyMum

Visit site
I subscribe to Your Horse and have done for years but I find it a bit banal these days. I feel like I've read it all before and sometimes it seems aimed at the lowest common denominator. Product reviews and reader photos a way to fill up space with nothing!

I buy Horse, Horse & Rider and H&H fairly regularly as I spend quite a lot of time travellling on trains and end up buying mags to relieve the boredom.

I'd like a magazine that was more meaty with the articles and looked into veterinary treatment, training methods etc without it being dumbed down.

^^^^^ This most definately. Your Horse great when I first started reading it but after a year or too just seemed a bit samey. Horse and Rider a bit better. I like Horse and used to get Eventing (when I evented!!) but now just read H+H. Personally I like the 'Ask the Vet' and 'Ask the Trainer' they do as they have more informative articles.

And if I need advice, I generally go on here anyway :)!!

tankgirl1

Visit site
I like horse and rider or your horse. Haven't read a H+H in years, so I don't know how much it's changed. Nothing will compare to Horse and Pony (Freddie!) though ;)

OMG I was so desperate to be the kid that got Freddie on loan! :D

I get Horse and Rider, not every month though, tried a couple of H&H but found them boring with all the comp info etc. Picked up a copy of Horse a few months ago, really enjoyed it, but not many places round here stock it.