Horse Movie Extras!

Shantara

Visit site
Well, I saw War Horse today :) I just got home and it's AMAAAZING!!

I don't want to spoil anything, so I won't say anything else...

However! I did notice a horse. A horse that I have noticed in the first and second Sherlock Holmes movie :O
It's a dark dappled gray, with a lighter face, but the thing that draws me to it is the dark stripe on it's face!

Have you recognised this, or any other horse in more than one movie?

Once was lost

Visit site
The was a grey that was in Robin hood prince of thieves, Robin himself rode through the movie that I had a complete teenage crush on! I got to meet him at a county show once, he was part of a display team and the people were so nice with us star crossed girls wanting to fuss the horses, especially the grey! We spent the afternoon running about doing little jobs for them, it made us feel so special, I swore I would never wash the hand the horse has slobbered over lmao! The sad thing is I now can't remember that horses name when once it was burned into my mind as the only horse I loved almost as much as my own little pony!
I think most of these horse extra are part of this type of display team although while working as a civilian groom for the mounted police I got to spend a day on a film set that called for a pair of police horses to gallop down a breach chasing a pick up truck, that was a long, repetitive but interesting and exiting day!

Shantara

Visit site
Lucky!!

My brother is a movie extra (Also in both Sherlock Holmes movies, among others) so looking out for extras is my thing :p hehe!

That's so cool it was in Robin Hood too! I'll have to look out for it more :D

Shantara

Visit site
Any Mules?

I didn't notice any, actually :O There may have been some, it was a pretty hectic movie at times!

It was funny, I saw the horse and leant over and said to my mum "Look! It's that gray from Sherlock!" and she said "Yes, I know"...I thought she had finally been able to recognise horses! Nope...she thought I said "Look, it's that guy from Sherlock" meaning Cumberbatch! Haha!

WeedySeaDragon

Visit site
The horse who played Black Beauty in some parts of the film (a QH called Docs Keepin' Time I believe) is also in The Horse Whisperer. He plays Gulliver at the beginning.

There's a lovely bay chunk of a horse with a fair amount of white feathers who I think is used for both the Gondorian army (I think it's specifically the ill fated charge into Osgiliath) who is also part of the Rohirrim at one point.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
The stunt horse team on the other side of the valley from me had alot of their horses in the Robin Hood film with Russel Crowe. I met one of them once out hacking, a beautiful dapple grey PRE with a rider wearing jeans, trainers and a baseball cap.

Stunt riders and their lack of proper safety gear. :rolleyes: ;)

Shantara

Visit site
The horse who played Black Beauty in some parts of the film (a QH called Docs Keepin' Time I believe) is also in The Horse Whisperer. He plays Gulliver at the beginning.

There's a lovely bay chunk of a horse with a fair amount of white feathers who I think is used for both the Gondorian army (I think it's specifically the ill fated charge into Osgiliath) who is also part of the Rohirrim at one point.

I think I know the one you mean! I wish there was a website for this, but alas, I can't find one :(