Horse not being able to stretch her neck down

robynandangel

Visit site
Hi
My horse was ill last week with upper respiratory infection and was giving antibiotics and pencillin then improves over this week today I've come up and she's fine in herself but she couldn't stretch her neck down when she had the neck of her turnout rug up I've put it down and she's much better anyone else had anything else like this

GypsGal1718

Visit site
Probably more just if she got injected in the neck and adding the neck cover is just that extra resistance to put her neck up as she is struggling to lift neck up. Keep a v close eye

robynandangel

Visit site
Probably more just if she got injected in the neck and adding the neck cover is just that extra resistance to put her neck up as she is struggling to lift neck up. Keep a v close eye
She was Injected with antibiotics and painkillers last week for her upper respiratory infection which she improved last 4 days then today she couldn't reach down again

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
She was Injected with antibiotics and painkillers last week for her upper respiratory infection which she improved last 4 days then today she couldn't reach down again
Sounds like a reaction to an injection, probably very sore in the neck. A hot compress on the injection site can help, may need vet and analgesic.

robynandangel

Visit site
Sounds like a reaction to an injection, probably very sore in the neck. A hot compress on the injection site can help, may need vet.
Vets been out today for her and they've just given her painkillers and antifalmories back to her normal self tonight so I'm very puzzled was wondering if it was something to do with her upper respiratory infection and she just sore from that

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Vets been out today for her and they've just given her painkillers and antifalmories back to her normal self tonight so I'm very puzzled was wondering if it was something to do with her upper respiratory infection and she just sore from that
I stopped having my horses injected in the neck (if possible) because of similar reactions.

robynandangel

Visit site
An inflammatory response, particularly to penicillin, is a very common after neck jabs. Unlikely to be a "sore throat", if that's what you're thinking, unless it's strangles.
Definitely not strangles as was tested last week vet said she Had a sore throat last week when they were giving antibiotics

robynandangel

Visit site
Louis reaction is mainly to jabs but his been sore after other injections in the neck as well.

I think he tenses his neck because he doesn't like needles anyway so that doesn't help either.
Think it could be something to do with it as her poll is also sore but she did have upper respiratory inecftion last week which could be something to do with it she's her normal self today just she has a sore poll