Horse on A23!!

loopylucifer

Visit site
There was a loose horse on the A23 at pycombe this morning around 11am. As far as know it had no tack on and appered to have escaped form a field somewhere it was injued too (wouldguess hit by car). My yard is quite close by and the police came round were trying to track the owners. Just wondered if anyone knew anything? Got the feeling it wasn't going to be good news for the owners
crazy.gif

cazzy

Visit site
We caught it!
Belonged to a yard in Clayton. Escaped from a field with 2 others.
Think it will be ok. Pierced his hind toe which was bleeding and very sore but vet treated and says should be ok.
Other two caught and put in nearby field.

neddynesbitt

Visit site
That's good news, I don't often hear that they have survived getting onto roads, especially the A23.

Well done for catching them, I should think the owners are eternally grateful.

Measles1

New User
Visit site
Thank you to everyone who helped yesterday. Our 3 horses escaped as a farmer drove 120 sheep over a stile next to their field, they panicked, ran through their fence and kept going until the A23, some miles away. One horse is at the vet's with a puncture wound to his fetlock, the horse with the sore toe is very sore and sorry for himself but should be ok and the 3rd is fine, just a bit stiff.

They were very lucky and it was a miracle that no-one got killed.

Thanks from the Coldharbour 3

loopylucifer

Visit site
Thank goodness for that. That is some mirical to have crossed the A23 and still be near enough in one piece. Have to say saw the blood on the road justoff A23 and really thought the worst. Hope they all make full recovery.

cazzy

Visit site
Any news on the horse that went to the vets. Heard bad news yesterday and hope its not true, just normal horse chinese whipsers.

Measles1

New User
Visit site
The horse at the vets is still there as his wound is slow to heal but he's fine. All three should make a full recovery - not sure about the owners though, we're all still traumatised!!!

JessPickle - thank you for your pm, I can't reply as your pm quota is apparently used.

Thank you all so much for your concern.