Horse on loan

noodle_

Visit site
Just some advice needed really and no horror stories ive heard them all :D

my horse is on full loan, have a contract ready to go....

i will visit when i want/can [ i dont intend to step on toes] hopefully this is a permanent loan BUT i have dated the end of loan 2 years from now and plan to review every 2 years to make sure the loanee and i are happy....is this the correct way to do things??

My priority is the horse and selling i cannot do in this economy id rather forget the cash and find her a fab home, and still remain at the end of the phone/and own her than give up totally.

also passport - goes with the horse?? [ im sorting vaccinations paying ]?

insurance after that thread on here i am sorting the insurance/paying for it - plus regardless i need to know shes insured.

any more advice???

i plan to totally step back as im excited to have no horse [sorry]....and the home shes going to its lovely :]

ihatework

Visit site
I'm sure it will be fine - in all things with life, bad news travels quicker than good, plenty of good loans going on out there.

Passport goes with the horse. Would be prudent to take a copy of it and also advise the issuing authority that the horse is on loan.

Insurance - I would strongly advise you to keep the insurance policy in your name and for the premiums to come out of your bank account. That was if it all goes wrong at least you will have continuity of cover. If you have arranged that the premium is loaners responsibility they can always do a DD into your bank account to cover the premium.

I would say visit reasonably soon after the horse has moved, 2-3 week - gives enough time for them to settle should everything be okay but long enough to give you early warning signs if not okay.

I have loaned out 3 horses in my time. Visited at the 2-3 week mark - with 2 horses it was blatently ovbious everything was going to be okay, with the 3rd I went home and picked up my trailer sharpish ....

noodle_

Visit site

I have rung the passport agency and told them shes on loan so shes flagged on my account

insurance is in my name and coming out my account - im paying that - the only aspect of the loan i am paying [and vaccinations]

I was going to visit a couple of weeks after shes gone as i know she takes that to settle

Im happy with the home and visiting this week to sort contracts out/sign them and i have a witness coming with me too [friend not family]

i know its all about trust and im ok with it as i couldnt have found her a nicer person to love her and spend more time with her than i can ever give her for quite possibly the rest of her life :]

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Let the microchip company know that she's on loan too and that the ownership details are not to be changed (if she's not chipped, get it done and in your name before she goes). :)

noodle_

Visit site
Thanks

The passport people said the chip is with them too??

She put a note on the file but I'm almost sure she was done with pet log??

Can't find the paperwork now but I will call my vets tomorrow and pet log if needby!

I have every faith in my loaner - have too as I'm going abroad next year lol and won't be back! :)

STRIKER

Visit site
I would make the loan agreement shorter and renewable, loaner could get in to fiancial trouble but feel they cant go to you as contract says 2 years, its a ling time for a horse to suffer