Horse Owners Worst Nightmare

hayliana

Visit site
shivers down the spine...
frown.gif

dieseldog

Visit site
This happened to a horse I sold. She jumped out of her field on the A36 straight into a car, broke her leg, was PTS and the driver was air lifted to hospital.

When I was a kid my 12hh pony + friend jumped out over a 5 bar gate when the hunt came past and headed for the M5, Police had to put up road blocks on the slipway to stop them gettng on.

JadeWisc

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Yes the Americans do tend to say it how it is. Not "unfortunately / tragically the horse died" no, it's "THE HORSE IS DEAD".

[/ QUOTE ]
ummmmmmmm.....I know plenty of Americans that would have said it a bit different
wink.gif

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes the Americans do tend to say it how it is. Not "unfortunately / tragically the horse died" no, it's "THE HORSE IS DEAD".

[/ QUOTE ]
ummmmmmmm.....I know plenty of Americans that would have said it a bit different
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
No offence to Americans...
blush.gif

But us english tend to be a little more reserved about things. Which isnt always a good thing!

GTs

Visit site
Personally if my horse was involved in such an accident, I think it's death would be the last thing on my mind. The person who is no doubt in a lot of pain, probably in the ICU, who could be someones parents, someones child, can't earn a living to support their family for the immediate future maybe even be forever, is where my thoughts are going to be.

Parkranger

Visit site
What a horrible thing to happen - I've known of 3 horses who have come to a sticky end on motorways......I pray that the driver makes it through.